Epilogue

"It's okay to be nervous. Just please don't pass out on me," Mark laughs, glancing next to him to meet my eyes as we both stand behind two big wood doors.

I'm standing in a beautiful wedding gown, a dress I could only imagine existing in fairy tales when I was a child. My hair was pulled half-up, half-down, professional makeup tying my look together.

I watch as my last bridesmaid and Ross's groomsmen walk through the doors to the soft piano tunes.

"I feel so nervous, I could throw up. What if he's not out there?"

Mark glances down at me. "Hayley, what the fuck?" He laughs, hard. Mark doesn't curse much so it took me by surprise. "You know he's out there and you and I both know he's going to sob the minute he sees you."

"I know, I know, I know. I'm scared," I say, shaking out my hands.

He extends his arm out to me. "Are you ready, future Mrs. Hayley Lynch?" I shake my head but wrap my arm around his sleeve, breathing out in slow breaths. "I can see your heart beating out of your neck. You'll be okay, just focus on walking. I promise I won't let you fall."

"Okay, I'll be okay. I have the worst butterflies, I'm excited but I just want them to go away," I ramble, glancing over at our wedding planner who comes over with her clipboard in hand.

"Ready? I'm going to countdown and that's when the doors will be opened and you can begin walking," she says, smiling nicely at me. She's been very patient with the two of us, always giving us the utmost respect even when we became overly anxious or worried.

I nod.

"You'll be great," Mark reminds me, settling his body into the position to walk me down the aisle.

"5... 4, 3, 2, 1," she speaks from beside us, opening the two wooden doors.

I begin to move forward, my brain taking over the directions to subconsciously move because I'm too nervous to flow a proper thought.

Everyone was standing and their eyes are on me.

Politely, please turn around.

My eyes shift to Ross whose mouth immediately drops open as soon as I come into view. It's quickly replaced by a smile, his eyes twinkling in the bright lights. He blows out a sharp breath, blinking rapidly to prevent the tears from coming, but they fall quicker than expected, bringing his hand up to cover his mouth.

His best man, Rocky, places his hand on his brother's back to comfort him.

The tears prickle at my own eyes now, me being way too over emotional with the most simple things so this is tearing my heart apart. Two tears quickly roll out but I'm focusing way too hard on not crying to allow more. This makeup was expensive.

I didn't realize how close I was to him until Mark tightens his grip to walk up the few stairs.

I get to the top step, handing my flowers to my Maid of Honor - Liv. I turn to meet Ross's eyes and he immediately lets out the shakiest breath.

"Shit," he mumbles, trying to get himself together. "You look beautiful, baby," he whispers.

I reach out and rub my thumb under his eyes, unable to hold myself back from the simple comfort. "You look so handsome," I whisper. "You okay?"

He nods. "Yeah, baby," he laughs softly.

After many words later, shifting toes to help my ankles feel like they're not going to break in half from these heels, and the six words were finally spoken.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Ross doesn't hesitate for a split second to grab the back of my head and around my waist, turning me so I'm dipped down then pushing his lips on mine as the onlookers cheer.