25

I know Ross will be here any minute since it took me around ten minutes to get dressed and be ready to go out. Chance is standing near Rocky, the two of them facing one another. Kayla is standing far behind and Liv is closer to the boys.

"Who do you think you are trying to ruin my relationship?" Rocky screams.

Kayla turns to me. "Can you call Ross? This isn't going to end well."

I nod. "He's already on his way."

Rocky turns to me. "I don't need my younger brother to save the day. All of you can mind your business."

Chance laughs. "You know he'd say the truth. That's why you don't want him here."

I glance at Liv who has tears streaming down her face. My heart hurts for her.

I hear banging at the door so I walk quickly to it. "Fuck off, that's not why." Rocky yells.

I open the door and Ross gives me a smile before walking inside.

"So then own up to it. Your ex-girlfriend lives in my building. That's who it probably was by the way, Liv." Chance says.

I walk back toward Liv. Just as I'm passing the boys, Rocky puts both of his hands against Chance's chest and shoves him as hard as he can. Chance goes flying backward and knocks into me, the two of us landing into a huge mess on the floor.

The girl's gasp in response. It didn't hurt in the slightest, it just caught me way off guard.

"Get your shit together, dude. Get the fuck out if you're going to get physical," Ross yells at his brother.

Chance rubs his head. "You okay? I'm sorry," he apologizes to me.

Rocky walks toward the exit and slams the door as Liv cries harder. "I'm fine. Are you okay?" I stand up and extend my hand out to him.

He grabs it and pulls himself up. I feel a hand touch my lower back and I glance over my shoulder at Ross' concerned face.

"I'm sorry it came out that way Liv. You know I had to tell you," Kayla says quietly.

Liv looks at all of us and bursts out in a louder sob before running into her room and slamming the door. I look over at Kayla. "How did you tell her?"

"We were eating lunch and I calmly told her that Rocky came out of his apartment building with his shirt all messed up, his hair ruffled and a fresh hickey on his neck," she replies to me.

I glance at her door. "Do we do something?" I ask.

"Let's give her some time," my roommate responds.

I nod and watch as Chance follows Kayla back into her room. I turn around to see my boyfriend already looking at me. "You alright? You took a bit of a tumble," he says as he walks closer to me.

I nod. "It didn't hurt at all. I was just right in the pathway of destruction," I shrug.

"Okay good." His hand extends to push a piece of my hair back. "Being at my parent's house was starting to drive me nuts, I'm glad I got to experience some action."

I roll my eyes. "Hush. My roommate is bawling her eyes out in her room meanwhile your brother is MIA."

"Let's go get some milkshakes. If we see him on our way then we see him on our way. He's the one who couldn't handle his actions so I refuse to go searching for him. He'll cool off. Okay?"

I nod. "Okay." I walk back to my room and grab my bag. I slip on my shoes then walk back out to the living room.

We take the elevator downstairs and we don't see Rocky anywhere in sight. "His car isn't here either. I'll text him and ask if he's good since I know you're such a worrier," he pulls out his phone and does just that.