107

I zip up my suitcase and pick it up, careful not to roll it as I walk down the stairs. I head out the back door and into the studio. I'm more than grateful their house is surrounded by a fence they lock so I don't have to worry about people walking back here because I left the door unlocked.

I have no idea where else I'd go. This is the best thing I can do if I need a bit of space for right now.

I go inside the studio and lay my suitcase down in the corner then go into the bathroom to take a shower. I glance up at my reflection and cringe at my messed up makeup then rip off the devil ears, tossing them onto my suitcase.

I take a fifteen minute shower, attempting to clean off the dirtiness from that house. Once I'm out, I get dressed in the bathroom then walk out to an empty room.

I walk over to my phone that's sitting on the couch. 4 missed calls, 3 texts.

3 calls from Ross, 1 from Liv.

I probably should've told Liv.

Oh well.

Ross: Where'd you go?

Ross: Why aren't you answering your phone, Hayl?

Ross: I'm sorry, please call me. You're making me nervous

Just as I finish reading his last text, the studio door flings open and I jump out of my skin as my hand flies to my chest.

"Oh, fuck. Why would you fucking do that to me, Hayl? I nearly had a heart attack," he says, his voice sounding a lot more sober than before as he makes his way into the room. He slowly drops his hand away from his hair, his fingers tangled in the roots.

I place my phone back down. "Just finished reading your texts, sorry."

"I didn't know where you'd even go, you made me so scared."

I shrug as I sit on the couch. "I don't know. Maybe back to Colorado like you told me to go?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me," Ross tries to apologize as he walks closer, going to sit beside me.

"Right, right. You know how desperately I needed to get out of that town because of my parents. I don't care how drunk you are, you can't just tell me to go home when you know that's the absolute last place I want to be."

Maybe that was a bit unnecessary, but he needs to realize what he said to me. He needs to fully absorb it and not just brush it off. It's not okay.

He nods, his hands reaching out to grab mine. "I'm sorry. I know, it was insanely fucked up for me to say that and I'm sorry. I don't want you to leave."

"I can't do this, you know? I can't go from two nights ago of you begging me to get a place together here. To you saying you don't even want to look at me and to go home, making sure you were real loud and fucking clear that it was Colorado. That hurt, Ross. I can't deal with the constant whiplash from you."

He glances up nervously at me, moving his hands back into his lap once I didn't grab them. "I'm sorry."

"You know I wasn't trying to be mean right? I had to protect you when you weren't thinking straight. No reason to bitch me out," I continue, my anger slowly seeping out as I allow myself to freely speak. "You could've ruined everything for yourself."