14

I never imagined that I would feel so comfortable around someone else's family. Everyone was so nice and accepting of me. They asked me questions about myself and genuinely were curious to know more about me. I met all of his cousins, most of them with equally as bright blonde hair as Ross. I met his grandparents, aunts, uncles and everyone in between. The house was packed and full of love. I never imagined I could have felt something like this.

We said goodbye to everyone then Ross and I hung out in his room for a bit until it got late. "Stay with me," I pout at him as I say the words.

We are laying on his twin sized bed. His hand was pressed against my cheek, making small movements with his thumb. "You stay with me," he mumbles softly.

"Where?" I ask, confused as to if he meant his childhood room that we are laying in now or his apartment.

He smiles. "My apartment. It'll be nice and quiet since I live alone. Won't be woken up by your roommates laughing at 9 AM," he teases gently.

I shrug. "I mean... I guess," I smile, teasing him back.

Ross grabs some extra clothes that he had laying around here then said our goodbyes to his family who was still awake before we headed out. Seated on my lap was Tupperware containers full of leftovers that his mom insisted we take for the both of us.

When we arrived to his apartment complex and began walking inside, I take in all of the details. It was extremely modern and didn't have too much color, but that didn't seem to impact the warmness it encompassed. As we went up to the top floor, he pushes his key inside and I'm engulfed by the heat. His apartment was very clean and even had abstract paintings on the walls.

I raised my eyebrows at him, "I'm not going to lie, I am very impressed." I admit. "It's so nice in here."

"Thank you," he smiles at me before walking toward the bedroom. "You're the first girl I ever brought here. I've lived here for three years."

I sit on his bed, my eyebrows raising once again. "Really? I'm a bit shocked at that too."

"Yeah. I like keeping this as my little escape. Nobody really ever comes over besides my siblings or parents sometimes. Hardly ever has Chance or Ellington come over. This place is so personal to me, I love it that way," he rambles as he puts the clothes he brought back from his parent's house into his closet.

I nod. "That's interesting though. I'm glad that a place can hold so much meaning for you. Hope I'm not intruding," I say honestly.

Ross makes his way back to the dresser. He leans down and presses his lips against mine quickly before continuing his walk. "Of course not."

I lean back against his bed, my feet still planted on the floor but my hair spread across the white blanket. "You know I really appreciate you inviting me over tonight? The day started so shitty and I was anticipating laying at home, watching random movies to make the day end quicker. And at dinner tonight? I never felt that way in my life. Everyone around was so happy and loving. It was one of the best nights of my life," I gush.

His body was leaning against his dresser, observing me as I spoke. "You're always invited back. I promise. My family absolutely loves you," he replies. I feel the bed dip down beside me, his face turning to look at me.

"Mm good. I'm happy to hear that." I say softly.

We sat in silence for a bit. It wasn't uncomfortable in the slightest. He spoke. "I know you might not be the most excited for skiing, but let me know if three weekends away would work. I wanted to give you enough time for you to request off from work."