80

Ross' Point of View:

"I'm coming over. Yes, I know," I said into the phone, my voice strained.

I'm exhausted and in no mood to hang out with Danielle.

It's been two months since I have seen Hayley. It started to get better.

She hasn't called me since her drunk night and I don't know how it should make me feel. I don't know if I should call her either.

Maybe she moved on.

Danielle is clingy and I don't know if she thinks this relationship is serious. When I kiss her, I think of Hayley.

It's fucked up, but it's true.

"Can't wait. See you soon," she replies then hangs up.

I know she's with her friends so the 'fake persona' comes out.

With Hayley now on my mind, I pull up Instagram and scroll through her feed. She posted a picture a few days ago and I haven't stopped thinking of her since.

She went to a poetry slam with Max.

She looks happy but different. As she's holding up her favorite poetry book alongside Max who is sitting in the chair in front of her.

What if she moved on with him?

I head out of my room and to my car, avoiding my family at all costs. Once I get to Danielle's, I walk right inside.

"Hello," I shout into her big house.

Her high pitched voice rings back. "Hi, baby!" She yells, running down the stairs to approach me.

Her fake friends walk behind her so she's quick to throw her arms around my neck, pushing his lips on mine.

I kiss her once then pull away. "What's the plans for today?" I ask and head into the kitchen.

"I think some party. I have a line for you ready," she replies. "Only the good stuff of course."

I smile and follow behind her to the kitchen table. A credit card, white powder spread into a thin line and a rolled up dollar bill sits waiting for me.

Okay, so maybe I have been getting high to forget about Hayley. As the sensation burns my nose, my thoughts about her subside. The numbing begins and the pleasure takes over my mind.

"Fuck, this is a good high," I reply minutes later, leaning my body back into the chair.

Danielle skips back over, swinging her legs over mine so she straddles me. "Well lucky for you, I got you extra," she smiles, her hands moving into my hair.

"Can you like... not fuck in front of us?" One of her dumb friends ask.

I haven't had sex with her. I haven't even made out with her. I have no love or lust for her.

I roll my eyes and tilt my head back more, her fingertips touching my scalp and sending me further into pleasure. Then my phone begins ringing.

I immediately reach for my phone, my mind going to Hayley.

I always pray it'll be her.

Riker.

"What's up?" I answer, my mind now alert.

He replies. "Hi to you too. We have a meeting in twenty minutes. Where are you?"

"Fuck, I'm at Danielle's," I reply, getting up and placing her onto the floor. "I gotta go, I'm sorry. I'll see you later." I peck her lips and she slides the small baggy into the back of my jeans.