77

I roll over the next morning and almost scream when I see someone sitting on the chair in the corner of my room. I rub my eyes a few times as they adjust to make sure it's not just a pile of clothes.

I glance at the clock quickly as his eyes simply stare into mine. 12:21 PM.

I look back at him. "What the fuck?" I say loudly as I stare at him. "What are you doi-? What? What is happening? How are you here?" I ask, my mind not processing Ross sitting in my bedroom only nine hours after the phone call.

"I took the first flight out," he explains. "I needed to come. I needed to escape for a bit and I missed you. I needed to explain everything."

I lean my head back against my pillow and groan into my hands. "How much did you pay for a ticket?"

"That doesn't matter. I had to come," he says as he jumps out of the chair and starts walking to me.

I pull my hands away from my face and stare up into his eyes. "How much?" I demand.

"$800, but don't get mad. I did it for good reason, okay?" His voice is strained as he reaches his hand out to grab one of mine.

I shake my head and shrug my shoulders at the same time. "This wasn't that serious that you needed to pay almost a grand, Ross."

"Do you not want to see me? Am I ruining your plans or something?" Ross asks with his voice slightly raised. He backs up a few inches away from the bed as he stares into my eyes.

I sigh. "I just find it funny that we didn't even have time to talk this entire week, but you can catch a flight to come here within 10 hours? And stop, you know I always want to see you. But I told you we could've dealt with the situation over the phone until we could've seen each other."

"I'm sorry for not being able to talk much. You were sad last night and I felt so guilty," he explains. "I had to come as fast as I can."

I climb out of bed and walk into the bathroom. I begin to brush my teeth and continue to get ready for my day like I always do. "I'm going to ask you a question and you have to keep your composure when I ask, okay?" I ask softly. I walk out of the bathroom to be closer to him. "Promise?"

"Yes. I promise I'll try," he says with a little pout on his face. Of course he'll try, but will he burst out in yelling? Probably.

"You feel too guilty for this. It was simply a kiss that you didn't provoke and you said you pushed her away. Why did you come this far and spend that much if you didn't do anything wrong?" I question.

I observe his face as his eyebrows furrow together. "I miss you a lot. You know that right?" He says softly. "And you know I love you." Something is wrong. Something is definitely wrong.

I feel my heart begin to race. "Ross..."

"You know how the band is now starting to pick up and gain more fans. With that comes publicity and my publicist wants Danielle and I to be together in public. She says it'll help with being noticed as Danielle is a big artist currently." He explains as he grabs onto my hands.

I take a step back. "Are you breaking up with me?" I ask.

"Baby..."

I shake my head and pull my hands from his. "What the fuck? Are you serious? That's bullshit and you know it."

"She says it won't be long and it only has to happen in public. Like go out for dinners and hold hands and stuff!" Ross says which only aggravates me. "It wouldn't be real!"

I back up against the wall and shake my head even more. "You're serious? Oh my god, you're fucking serious." I mutter to myself before the anger takes over. "You don't love me. If you did, this wouldn't have even been a thought in your mind. What the fuck, Ross?" I scream.