1. Im Back...

I am so excited. I haven't stepped foot in Mystic falls since the morning of May 23rd. It's been months since I have been in my room back at the house. I can't wait to see mom and dad again. I can't even imagine Elena or Jeremys reaction. They are gonna freak. I have been on the road for about 7 hours. I am in my grey fuzzy jacket, some ripped leggings and my uggs. Don't judge my basic girl shoes, okay? They're comfy. I let out a sigh as I pass the 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' sign.

I pull up in the drive way ready to lay in my bed as I remembered something. "Oh crap! It's the first day of school today? You've gotta be kidding me! This sucks." I said out loud to myself. I sighed and walked towards the house. Looks like I'm not ganna have any time to changed. Oh well at least it's cute and comfy. I let my hair out of its low pontytail that it has been in this whole ride and let it fall over past my shoulders, my ends almost tounching my hips. I brushed it out a little with my fingers so now I look presentable. I take a deep breath and walk right through the door, using my key, hoping to suprise them. I noticed my aunt Jennas car here. Yay! She's visiting. Probably staying in my room. That's okay I can sleep on the couch while she's here. I figured my parents were at work because their cars weren't here.

I walk through the door and into the living room to her a voice I haven't heard all summer. "It's all about the coffee aunt Jenna." I leaned on the door way to the kitchen. "Well isn't this a sight for sore eyes." I spoke making both their heads turn to me. Instant suprised faces take over their apperances. "Well.. am I gonna get a hug or is my older twin sister just gonna stare at me?" Yes. me and Elena are twins. There are some similarities in looks with us, but nothing major. We are faternal, not identical. She immediately runs over and tackled me in a bone crushing hug. I mean that literally, we are on the floor laughing and I'm hugging her back just as tight. We finally get off the floor and I hug my aunt Jenna.

After all the 'How are you?'s are over Elenas brows furrow as she asks me. "Where have you been? I called you multiple times this summer." I looked at her confused before a wave of realization hit me. "You called? I'm sorry, but I couldn't answer. I lost my phone my first few hours in New Orleans. I wasn't used to how busy the streets are there and it fell out of my hand. I think someone picked it up and stole it, because I couldn't find it so I got a new one. I don't have your number memorized so I couldn't call. I wasn't ready to come back yet because I new if I did I never would have left. What did you need?"

Elena looked sad for a second, then glanced at Jenna. I look between the two suspciously. "Guys? What don't I know?" I asked. Jenna was about to answer when Jeremy walked into the room. He didn't even look up before he grabbed Elenas mug of coffee that she just poured. "Morning Jenna, Elena" he greeted in a monotone voice. My brows furrowed but I decided to drop it for now and cheer him up 'cause clearly he needed it. I'll ask him what's wrong later.

"What, I don't get a good morning?" I ask innocently, as if it was normal for me to be here. He froze before he turned around with a huge smile on his face. I run at him and jumped into his arms. "Ariana?" He said with confusion in his voice. "The one and only" I sighed "God I missed you" I added. "I missed you too" he responded.

Thats when I noticed how he smelled. Weed. My eyes widened but I dropped it for now. I know he wouldn't be doing that unless it was for a good reason. Besides, who am I to come in after 3 months of no comunitcation and start telling him what to do. That's not my place. It's Mom and Dads. We pulled away. "How long are you staying?" he quierred, but looked afraid of my answer. I gave a reassuring smile and responded "Until I have to go off to collage somewhere." This made him smile. Elena butted in though. "Jeremy, we haven't gotten the chance to talk to her since the morning she left. At all." A look of sadness/realization came across Jeremys face and his eyes widened slightly. I look at her confused. "Ariana, maybe you should sit down." Jenna said, finally speaking up. I looked at her confused but did what I was told and headed towards the living room, everyone else following me. I plopped on the couch. "Okay, what is it? You guys are acting wierd." I pointed out, raising an eyebrow for effect.