Hope

Jin stared the fancy crockery displayed on the fancier dinning table. The Parks made sure to paint every inch of their mansion with different shades of luxury. The paintings, the floor, the ceilings, the chair, the table, their clothes everything reeks of wealth. It makes him feel naked.

He knows he is an outsider but this feels worst. Everything feels like a tight chokehold, leaving him desperate for normality. This is going to be the hardest day of Jin's life.

He has been avoiding this meeting for weeks now, somehow managing to find a new reason everytime until Mr Park convinced him for a dinner in lieu of discussing new contracts.

Mr Park has been at his toes since the day they met. He keeps finding reasons to meet Jin. Attention is scary and exhausting at the same time. Sometimes it scares him, that all this will deviate him from his destination. Their investigation has lead them nowhere, Jin is on the verge of giving up. He is slowly loosing hope of ever finding the truth and on top of everything the meeting with Namjoon has made him question his sanity

No matter how much he tries to forget all the memories Namjoon is in his mind constantly. That night, that fateful meeting, Namjoon's hopeless eyes, it flashes in his mind every minute.

NamJin will grow up and one day he will have many questions and Jin won't be able to answer them.

"Mr Kim, you seem lost." Mrs Park said smiling sweetly.
"Ahh no. I was just thinking about...  something." He said taking a bite of pasta.
"You haven't eaten much. We can order the chef to prepare anything you like." She suggested.
"Oh no need. I am on diet, I have a shoot tomorrow." He replied.
"You are already perfect, you don't need to diet." Mr Park said winking. Jin smiled, very much aware of the shocked gasp by Mrs Park. The lady has been nothing but sweet to him but something about the way she stared/ glared Mr Park sends shiver down to Jin's spine. She looks as if capable of reading minds.

"Tell that to my director please. He is the one who is forcing me to eat less." Jin said looking at Mrs Park trying to lighten the atmosphere.
"I will, surely." Mr Park replied to Jin's dismay.

He checked his phone hoping that it will open some escape portal from this awkward situation. He zones out when his eyes land on Park Ann who is sitting on the corner of the dining table. She hasn't uttered a single word since he entered the room. She lifts her head sensing Jin's eyes on her and looked away immediately. Everything is awkward and weird and with each passing seconds it worsens.

"Ann is a big fan of yours." Mrs Park commented.
"Oh really?" Jin replied, turning to look at Anna.
"Yeah she is the one who insisted for this dinner." Mrs Park added.

Jin gave her an amused smile, Ann's eyes widen comically and she almost chokes on the pasta. For a split second Jin saw her stoic expression crumble.

"Why are you shocked Jinshi, you are very talented and it's obvious people adore you." Mr Park interrupted.
"Thank you so much. I am flattered." Jin replied trying to put up the widest smile he could muster.

The rest of the dinner is silent. Seems like four strangers dinning on the same table. Jin discreetly tries to study their expression, the couple interacted with him freely but they didn't have much conversation with eachother. There is a tiny voice in his head warning him to get out of this place. What if these people are some kind of serial killers trying to seduce him to his own murder. This place is huge and isolated. They can kill him and dump him in any corner and no one will ever know.

Jin lets out a long shaky breath, he should stop watching those late night crime shows. He should stop adding more trauma to his already conflicted life. His phone vibrates in his pocket, startling him. He excuses himself politely and checked his phone. It's a message from an unknown number.