Let go

It's Jungkook's first day at school, the little boy was super excited about it. He even made Jimin pack bunch of strawberries for his new classmates.
'I can't believe kids these days, I still remember my mother saying how I cried on my first day at school. She had to sit with me for a week. Jaemin was so scared of school, he hid himself in our neighbours home.' Jimin stared at the gates of the school. He has been waiting there for two hours now.
"Jiminah, you came early." Hoseok asked walking towards him.
"I never left hyung."
"What? You waited here the whole time?" Hoseok asked.
"Yeah, I was anxious. What if Kookie needed me or something." He said tapping his fingers on the metallic gate.
"You are being dramatic Jiminah."
"You won't understand hyung." Jimin pouted.
"I do understand Jiminah, in case you forgot it's my daughter's first day at school too." Hoseok pouted
"But you have Yoongi hyung."
"He just wakes up to work and criticise government."
"But at least you are not lonely like me." Jimin whinned.
"I know." Hoseok patted his back sympathetically. They heard the bell ring inside the building followed by chatter of kids rushing out of doors happily. Jimin spotted Yoonji and Jungkook walking towards them hand in hand. Both had the brightest of the smiles in their face.
"Cute." Jimin smiled.
"I will have the cutest grand kids in the world." Hoseok said waving at the kids enthusiastically.
"They are just six hyung."
"So what?"
"Apppaaaaaaaaaa." Jungkook rushed into his open arms.
"Did you miss me baby?" Jimin asked kissing his cheek.
"No." Jungkook replied innocently causing Hoseok to giggle.
"Why?" Jimin asked with a frown.
"I forgot." Jungkook said kissing Jimin's cheek.

Hoseok drove them back home. Jimin sat on the backseat with Jungkook and Yoonji curled on his sides sleeping peacefully.
"Hyung I don't know what to do?"
"What are you talking about Jiminah?"
"About taking care of school going babies.... Like I genuinely don't have any idea how this works."
"What's there to understand? Just go with the flow. What's important is teach them to be compassionate and hardworking." Hoseok smiled seeing Jimin's worried face. He understands its difficult being a single parent without any emotional support from others, but he knows Jimin is more than capable to do that.
"What about studies? Should I be a strict parent or should I let him be?"
"Jiminah, it's literally his first day in school, don't bother about it much for now."
"I just don't want Kookie to regret being my son, I want to give all the happiness in life."
"And you are doing great, Believe me." Hoseok assured him.

Jimin was washing clothes when he noticed Jungkook staring in the mirror. The little boy was trying to comb his hair and tie it. Jungkook frowned and sprinkled water on his hair and combed it again. He pouted at his reflection, tugging his hair.
"What are you doing baby?" Jimin whispered from behind him. Jungkook's eyes widened and he tried to hide the comb behind his back.
"Nothing." He whispered.
"What did Appa tell you about lying?" Jimin singsonged.
"Sorry."
"What's bothering my little baby?" Jimin lifted Kookie and stared at their reflection on the mirror.
"Hair." He whispered.
"Smells nice." Jimin said sniffing his hair.
"I want long hair." Jungkook said stretching his hands apart to show the length.
"That's really long but why baby?"
"To look handsome."
"You don't need long hair to look handsome, Kookie. You are the cutest baby in this universe."
"But I want to be handsome."
"Appa doesn't have long hair, isn't he handsome." Jimin asked fluttering his eyebrows, Jungkook giggled booping his nose.
"Appa is the cutest in the world."
"Oh really, what about Yoonji?"
"She is a girl." Jungkook hid his face in Jimin's shoulder.
"Ok but you don't need long hair to look good." Jimin explained walking towards Jungkook's room.
"But Van's hair is so long and he looks handsome."
"Who?"
"Our teacher, he ties it in a pony tail." Jimin is amused by the new information, he has never seen a teacher with ponytail. He is not the one to judge but fashion these days are out his understanding. He remembers how teachers in his days wore thick spects and had a permanent frown on their face. Most of them were even balding and wore boring clothes.
"In that case, you have to wait for your hairs to grow, baby." He laid jungkook and tugged him inside the bed.
"How long?" Jungkook asked yawning.
"Long enough for your hair to grow."
"Oh then I will wait."
"Good, now go to sleep my little baby." Jimin kissed his forehead.
"Mmm, goodnight Appa."
"Good night angel."
Jimin walked into his room with a content smile, his room is illuminated by the moonlight coming through his window. The full moon was peaking from the clouds. Jimin locked the door and switched on the fairy lights.
"Taetae, today was Kookie's first day at school." He said with a shy smile.
"I feel so old now." He whined.
"And I am scared Taetae, my love won't be enough for him." Jimin walks towards the window and gazed the beautiful moon.
"Just like it wasn't enough for you." He whispers.
"I hope you are happy now."