Desperate🔞

"One lives in the hope of becoming a memory."

Jimin stared the locked door with tearful eyes. It's been days since he went inside that room. After the revelation of lost memory Taehyung has been acting distant to him. He avoids Jimin most of the time. He greets Jimin like a stranger on a morning walk. He smiles at him but with dim eyes. They don't eat together, they don't talk. They don't sleep together, they are like two blank souls floating in the air.

It's funny how time can manipulate memories and drown it in deep trenches of doubt and despair. Jimin's memory of first night in this apartment feels like a folklore.

His soulmate is sucking his soul away.

"Jiminah."
"Yeah hyung."
"How long are you guys planning to be like this?"

Jimin let out a sarcastic laugh and turned his gaze towards the closed door.
"Plan? You must be kidding. Right?" He asked.
"I am serious Jiminah."
"Yoongi hyung. One thing life has taught me is nothing is planned. You live if you live, you die when you die. There is nothing in between that."
"Jimin." Yoongi called him sternly.
"I can't help you hyung. I am useless."
"Then tell me, what are we fighting for Jiminah?"

"I don't know anymore hyung."

Yoongi pinched his nose and exhaled. "Please.... Please talk to Taehyung. We don't have time to waste." He pleaded.

"Hyung, it's like permanent stain in your favourite shirt. First you will regret ruining it, then you will feel sad for not being able to wear it but eventually you will get over it and will find a new one." Jimin smiled at Yoongi.

"I know it's hard but one of you must compromise. At least for the time being. We have a greater issues to deal with. Please understand Jiminah." Yoongi pleaded.

"Hyung..... I look him in eyes, he looks away. I try to touch him, he flinches. I go to his room, he runs to the toilet and you know what, it doesn't make me feel sad anymore. In fact when I think about him I don't feel anything.... not anymore. I am tired of chasing, trying to catch up with him. I am fine this way." Jimin replied.

"Stop lying to yourself Jiminah."
"I am not..."
"Yes you are, Jiminah. I agree it's tiring and I also know that you can never stop loving him." Yoongi murmured.

"I don't know what you are talking about, hyung. This is not a fairytale." Jimin smiled at him.

Yoongi stared at him pitifully. "Is that so Jiminah. Tell me one thing do you hate him?" He asked.
"Maybe." Jimin whispered.

"Ok...I... I am going out for a while." Yoongi said standing up. Jimin doesn't reply. He stared out of the window.

"I will be late. Be careful." Yoongi muttered. He placed a folder on the table, before leaving. Jimin gazed the folder for a while before opening it carefully. It's exactly what he guessed it to be.

Photographs... Some old, some new. Some he has never seen before. Each one a distinct memory captured from different time. The only thing common is his unbothered smile. He looks happy and free in every frame but coming to think about he was never free. Never really happy either.

He picks up a photo, he has never seen before.
It's an old photo taken in a furniture shop. He is seen hugging a neon green bean bag. His face is squished in the bag. The surrounding is blurry but somehow his smile outshines everything. He wonders why Tae took this picture. He puts this picture down and picked another one. P

This time it's of their hyungs. Namjoon is frowning to the screen while Jin is happily applying oil on Namjoon's hair. Jimin remembers how Namjoon was crying by the end of Jin's hair massage session. Jimin observed the picture closely, the old couch reminds him of his first day in Seoul. He sat there beside Leah astonished by the hight of his hyungs. That's day when he met Taehyung. His eyes widen when he sees a tiny finger peeking out from the corner of picture, it's his pinky finger. Of course Tae will somehow manage to sneak him in any frame.