You are my light.

Jimin was frantically walking across the room and Jungkook followed him with a box of strawberries. They were trying to find Jimin's shoes. They are already late for parents teachers meeting. Jimin overslept his alarm because yesterday he worked for almost 18 hours in the farm, trying to protect his crops from unexpected rain. His limbs are still sore. He is literally dragging his legs on the floor.

Jimin really wanted to impress Jungkook's teachers but it feels like it's a lost cause already. The society has a stereotype for single parents, they have unrealistic expectations from single parents. He wanted to prove he is capable of taking care of Jungkook. They are late by half an hour and it will take another 20 minutes walk to reach school. He wish he had a car.
The only pair of shoes he owns is missing and the slipper he wears has a huge hole on the left leg slipper. Tears pooled in his eyes as he stared racing clock.
'His teachers will think, I am not capable of taking care of him. They will think I am not a good father. Why are you such a fool Jimin?'
"Appa?" Jungkook tugged his fingers with a small smile.
"Sorry baby." Jimin tried to smile.
"It's ok Appa, Van hyung won't scold us. He is the best and he said you are best too."
Jimin smiled at him and walked towards the door barefoot. Jungkook followed the suit with a mischievous smiles.
"Jungkookie." Jimin said sternly.
"Appa even Van hyung doesn't like wearing shoes, he says he likes feeling grass with his bare foot." He giggled running towards the gate. Jimin sighed and followed him.

Yoongi was washing his car when he saw Jimin and Jungkook walking towards him barefoot.
"Jiminah where is your shoes?"
"I can't find them hyung and we are already late." Jimin replied feeling guilty.
"Wait there." Yoongi said and went inside his home. He came back with a pair of shoes for Jimin.
"It's mine I think it will fit you."
"Hyung..."
"Come on... get in." Yoongi said starting the engine. Jimin was really grateful to have friends like Yoongi and Hoseok. He can't even imagine how his life would have been without meeting them. They sat down on the backseat as Yoongi drove them.
"Is Hoseok hyung already in school?"
"No they went for shopping, I attended bmeeting in the morning. I am not a fan of sunlight."
"Samchon... Vampire." Jungkook said.
"Even I think so." Yoongi replied.
"Hyung, what will they think about me?" Jimin bit his lips worried.
"Jiminah, you do know that you can attend the meeting at any time till evening. Right?"
"I know but I missed the introductions."
"You should be grateful you didn't have to deal with those pompous as...butts."
"You are saying that because you don't like anyone." Jimin giggled.
"I just hate show offs and nosy people. Anyways I know Van, he wouldn't mind even if you are late by a day."
"Actually I am excited to meet him, Kookie keeps on talking about him. Van is all I hear these days."
"Van hyung is the bestest Appa." Jungkook gave a toothy grin.
"Oh I thought I was the best." Jimin said in a childish voice, Jungkook giggled hearing his father talk like a baby.
"I think you will like him Jiminah, he is cool and handsome."
"Oh ok." Jimin said looking away. Yoongi observed him through the rear view mirror.
"Actually he is looking for a place to stay, you know somewhere near the school. He new roommate is really messy. I am thinking of renting him our guest room." Yoongi said.
"Yeaaaaaaaah." Jungkook tried jumping happily.
"Kookie sit down." Jimin warned him.
"I am so happy Appa, I can play with hyung whole day."
"I know baby." Jimin smiled at him but he was a nervous mess inside. For three years his life has revolved around Jungkook, hyungs and Yoonji, he has become comfortable with it. He is not sure, if he willing to open his bubble to a stranger. His hyungs knows his past, he is not ready to deal with more questions. The dilemma was clearly visible in his face, Yoongi kept on looking at him through the rear view mirror.

"We are here." Yoongi said as he pulled the car in school's parking lot.
"Thanks hyung." Jimin got out and lifted Jungkook in his arms. The boy nuzzled Jimin's shoulder.
"Go ahead, I will wait for you guys here." Yoongi said yawning.
"Thanks hyung."
"You already said, now go."