I want to breath you in.

If Jimin was paranoid before, he became super creeped out after the incident. He stopped visiting the field and he even barred Jungkook from going to school. They rarely ventured out of their home. Somedays he would even force Van to stay back because he felt something bad might happen that day.

He is always worried that someone is hiding in the dark corners of the room, keeping an eye him. He feels vulnerable and powerless all the time. He doesn't eat or sleep properly. He would sit by the window all night patrolling his home.  Nightmares and panic attacks became a daily norm for him. He is willing to endure it all, if it means his loved ones are safe. He knows whoever is behind this, is definitely waiting for a wrong move from his side. He has experienced first hand how merciless this people could be. He wants Jungkook to be out of all this.

Van is worried about Jimin's health more than the people trying to harm them. Jimin's behaviour is effecting Jungkook adversely. The little boy doesn't voice against his father's decision but Van knows it is too much for a young mind to process all this. Being trapped in a room 24*7 will hamper Jungkook's growth and it can even cause anxiety.
But he can't blame Jimin for being cautious. Waking up in the middle of night to find out that there are men plotting to kill you, right in front of your door is petrifying. What he couldn't fathom is, even after a dangerous threat looming over their head, Jimin blatantly refuses to report it to the cops. They already had countless arguments regarding this, everytime Jimin would refute saying he doesn't trust cops. He feels like Jimin is hiding something from everyone, Van really wishes for him to open up atleast to one of the hyungs. Even though he is a stranger to the family he can't help but wonder why someone would try to harm Jimin or Jungkook. They are just an average family working hard to meet their ends. What will anyone gain from all this? Who is playing this sick games on them?

Whoever they are, Van will fight them. He will protect Jimin and Jungkook at all cost. Over the months he has developed special feelings for Jimin. What started as simple adoration for a hard working man has turned into something deeper and warmer. He feels like Jimin has always been there in his life and he wants Jimin to there in days to come.

Sometimes he wants to hold Jimin's hand without any reason. He wants to make Jimin smile, just to see how his eyes would crinkle up in joy. Just seeing Jimin smile makes him happy, it makes him smile. Jimin is the kindest person he has ever met. Sometimes he is so amazed by Jimin's beauty and innocence that he forgets to even breathe when the man is around him. Jimin brings colour into his flavor less life. Jimin gives him hope. Van has yet to figure how their pasts intertwines but he hopes Jimin will be his shore one day.

Van is woken up by the noise of footsteps. He hurriedly finds his crutch and limps towards the window, clutching his pocket knife tightly. He relaxes when he sees Jimin pacing around the garden.
"Jiminah." He called, opening the window.
"Did I wake you up?" Jimin asked walking towards the window.
"Hmm."
"Sorry. I felt someone was standing here so I came out to check." Jimin replied looking around.
"Did you find someone?" Van asked scanning the area.
"Umm no. I think it must have the shadow of the trees." Jimin replied still worried. Van pouted looking at the man's condition.
"Can you help me with something?" Van asked.
"Of course What is it?" Jimin replied eagerly.
"I will tell you but come inside and please bring something to eat."
"Sure." Jimin replied rushing.
Van closed the window and switched on the fairy light. He sat by the headboard waiting for Jimin.

Jimin entered the room with a smile, he tiredly walked towards Van with a tray of snacks and bottles of Soju balanced in his arms.
"Hey." He said.
"Come here." Van replied patting the spot next to him.
"I brought snacks." Jimin replied sitting down next to Van. He placed the tray on top of  nightstand.
"Good." Van replied munching handful of chips.
"So what did you want to do?" Jimin asked.
"Talk."
"Huh?" Jimin asked confused.
"I was feeling lonely. So I wanted to talk." Van replied.
"Sorry I have been, a bit distant lately. It's just that my mind is in all over the place." Jimin apologized.
"I know." Van replied leaning back on the headboard. He sighed deeply closing his eyes.
"How is your leg? I am sorry we couldn't continue with the physiotherapy." Jimin whispered.
"It doesn't hurt and I am getting used to being like this. Honestly I don't care anymore."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean it doesn't matter if I walk or limp, life will go on. I will survive like this till death comes to me." Van shrugged.
"Don't say that Ta..." Jimin paused. "Every life matters Van." He continued. "Living and dying is inevitable. Your clock starts ticking the day you are born and someday it will stop, surely. That doesn't mean you will stop living because one day you will definitely die. Even if nothing makes sense right now I hope you understand that you are precious and you should never give up." Jimin replied.
"Jiminah."
"Your explanation won't work here. Tomorrow we are starting your routine again. I am not giving up until you become my jogging partner. When you fully recover, we will go for long hiking trips." Jimin huffed.
"I like you." Van replied. Jimin gaped looking back at Van.
"What?" He whispered.
"I said I like you." Van repeated.
"Yeah, I like you too." Jimin replied.
"I like you as in I want to date you." Van said nervously.
"Haha." Jimin replied equally nervous.