Regret

Warning : Mention of death

Tear drops fell into the glass frames of the photograph. The smiling faces blurred beneath wetness of regret and despair. No matter how many times he wiped the glass clean fresh tears rolled onto it.
Today marks the third anniversary of his downfall. Tiny little fingers tugged his cuffs calling for his attention.
Jin looks down to see his two years old son staring back at him with teary eyes, lips tugged between his teeth.
"NamJin baby, Appa is fine don't cry." Jin pulled the little one into his lap. The boy stared at the framed picture in his father's hand. Little fingers tracing the silhouettes of smiling faces on the photograph.
"Do you remember their names baby." Jin asked kissing NamJin's hair.
"Ta.. Taehyung uncle." The boy pointed at the man smiling a box smile.
"Correct and this?" Jin asked tapping a man with beautiful eye smile, snuggled in his lover's arms.
"Jiminie uncle." NamJin whispered doubtfully.
"Good and what about him?"
"Taemin uncle." The boy replied clapping happily.
"Yeah." Jin replied wiping his tears.
"Jin hyung?" Leah called him from the doorway.
"Hello Leah. Are you ready to go?" Leah nodded eyes not leaving the picture frame. She walks away with dull eyes and emotionless face. Namjoon was waiting for them by the car. Nobody exchanged a single word as they got inside the car.
Jin sat by the window, he stared at the bouquet in his hands, tears threatening to fall. He knows Namjoon is watching him through rearview mirror. He morphs his face into blankness and looks out of the window as trees and mountains race past against them.
Everything changed for Jin and he is willing to pay whatever it takes to bring back the time. To bring back his family, to bring back his happiness. He closed his eyes to forget his present he wants to drown himself in past.

After driving for half an hour, Namjoon stopped the car near a familiar river. They got out of the car. Jin looked around, this place hasn't changed, it still as looks breathtaking as it was on his first date. Namjoon carried NamJin as they walked towards the bank of the river. Leah sat down the ground glaring the river. Jin walked towards the edge and placed the bouquet on the water, silently watching as the bouquet drifts away from him with the flow of water. He hears Namjoon sigh besides him.
"Sorry." Jin whispered looking at the river, tears rolling down. They stood there in silence gazing the river flowing silently. This silence is suffocating Jin, he  walks back towards car.
Will he ever be able to forget what happened three years ago. Will he ever be able to move on.
Does he wants to move on?

Threes years ago
Blood drips out of his arms as Jin frantically tries to find an exit, with every movement the tight knots of the rope tears his skin further but he doesn't care, he keeps on trying. Namjoon is lying on the floor unconscious. Both of them were tied to the concrete pillar in the middle of the room. Jin doesn't have any idea whether Namjoon is alive or not. 
They left Japan when they realised the concert was fake, a setup to get them out of Seoul. Namjoon overheard goons talking about how they are even prepared to murder if things go out of hand. They left hotel in a hurry.
By the time they landed in Seoul, the news of Taehyung's engagement already reached them. Worried and sad they rushed to meet Jimin, only to be met with an accident. When they remained consciousness they were in this dark cell, with limbs tied and bruised.
The door opened, Jin closed his eyes pretending to be sleeping. The approaching footsteps stopped few inches away from Jin. He hears a string of curse words followed by Namjoon' s cry for help.
"Joonie." Jin shouted, hands trying to pull Namjoon towards him.
"F*cking faggots." A man spits on his face. Jin curls to himself sniffling.
"We found the body, Throw them out." Another voice shouts from afar. Jin doesn't get a chance to register what the man said, he was being dragged out of the dirty cell. Namjoon whimpered in pain as they were forcefully thrown into the van.
"Joonie, baby." Jin hugged his lover.
"Jimin." Namjoon whispered trying to sit up. His peach shirt was soaked in blood, the cut on his cheeks was still bleeding. The physical pain was nothing compared to the fear in their minds. The van stopped in front of their apartment complex. The man in mask pushed them out.
"Say one word and I will slaughter your boyfriend." The man said kicking Namjoon in the guts. It was raining heavily, they were thankful no one noticed them. Jin tried to carry Namjoon to their apartment.
"We need .....we need to find Jimin and Taehyung. They are in danger." Namjoon growled in pain as he tried to stand up.
"I know, but you are bleeding. We need to clean it now." Jin carried him.
"We don't have time Jinnie."
"Just few minutes Joon. Everything will be fine."
Namjoon let Jin drag him to their apartment and dress his wound. They borrowed phone from a neighbor to call Jimin, but the boy didn't answer. He called Taehyung.
"Hyung." Tae cried.
"Where is Jimin?" Namjoon shouted.
"I ..... Sorry." Tae sobbed.
"Why?" Namjoon cried.
"I don't want to live in this world without Minnie, he is gone and I will follow him." Tae cried and ended the call.
It feels like his worst nightmares came true, Jin sat down on the floor with tear filled eyes staring into nothingness.
"A body was found floating in the river this morning. Someone saw a man jump of bridge yesterday." Their neighbor said causing both men to look towards her.
Namjoon limped out of the hallway, Jin followed him. His mind is numb, he lets his body to be taken wherever his legs dragged him. Namjoon pushed him inside a taxi and shouted at the driver to take them to Han river bridge. The roads are flooded due to heavy rain, making it difficult for them to navigate. Jin prays every single god in this universe to save his brothers, to protect them. The taxi stopped due to heavy traffic, they were still few miles away from the the bridge. Namjoon threw whatever bill was in his pockets and rushed out of the car. Jin followed him running in between the cars. The pain and fear forgotten as they rush towards the bridge. The roaring thunder or soaring rain could not stop their tired limbs. It's matter of life and death.
"TAEHYUNGAH" Namjoon shouted as they reached the bridge. A lone figure stood few meters away from them, soaked in rain paying no heeds to their shouts.
"TAE STOP." Jin shouted, running with all his might.
'Moon.'  is the last thing they heard before Tae plunged into the river. It seemed as the river swallowed him as Tae disappeared between the angry waves.
"No." Namjoon tried to follow Tae, Jin pulled him back to his chest sobbing. The shrill sound of water flowing rapidly under the bridge was the only thing they could hear.
"We could have saved him Jinnie. It's because of you I lost my little brother." Namjoon pushed Jin and walked away.