s i x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

a week passed, and you were only getting more concerned for your mother's well-being. her health wasn't improving at all.

"ayumu, stay here and take care of mum okay?"

"eh? where are you going?" he asked with a frown.

"i need to go buy more medicine for mum, just help me take care of her. i'll be back soon, okay?" you gave him a few head pats before leaving the house.

you made sure to quick as the sun was setting. you made your way to the small town not too far away from where you lived.

"ah, hello [y/n]," the doctor greeted as you stepped into his house. "good afternoon masuki-san," you nodded.

"how's your mother doing?"

"not too good, unfortunately." you replied, walking up to him. "i'm here to buy the cough syrup for her. and maybe some pain killers too?"

"of course, i'll go get them for you right now. wait here," the man made his way into the back room where he stored all the different medicines and herbs.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

the sun had long set.

you didn't want to worry your mother, so after purchasing her medications, you quickly made your way back home.

but as you neared your house, you noticed how the door was wide open. which was strange since you remember closing it before leaving. and ayumu would never open the door without you or your mother's consent.

a feeling of uneasiness formed in your chest as you quickly ran up to your house.

you felt your stomach churning in disgust when you entered the common room.

there was dried up blood painting the walls and the falls. a demon must have came in.

you dropped the bag if supplies you were holding, running into the house. "ayumu?! mum?!" you called out, "where are you guys?!"

"[y/n]!" a familiar voice called out to you. ayumu ran out of the room he was hiding in, running over to you.

"ayumu, where's mum?" you asked in a panicked state.

"she's in there," ayumu held onto your hand, pulling you into the room.

"mum! are you okay?" you ran over to her sitting form, kneeling in front of her to examine her for any wounds.

"it's okay [y/n], we're fine. please, don't stress yourself."

"a demon, a demon came in right? what happened? where is it?"

"a man came in and killed it!" your younger brother explained.

"a man..?"

"a demon slayer," your mother corrected.

"where is he?" you asked.

"he left not too long ago, after helping us out," your mother replied.

"he was so cool!" your brother exclaimed.

"oh really?" you asked, a small smile on your face. you were glad that your mother and brother was safe.

"yeah! he was fast too!" ayumu clapped his hands, "like super fast!"

"how'd he look like?" you asked out of curiosity.

"he has black hair, and wears a mismatched haori," your mother described him out for you.

"did you get his name?"

"he had a really soft voice, but i managed to catch it. i think it was —

tomioka giyuu."