n i n e t e e n

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"tasty~!" ayumu exclaimed with a muffled voice due to the amount of udon he had in his mouth. giyuu simply hummed in agreement. 

"so that's your crow?" you asked, staring at the bird in front of you, it looked like it was going to pass out any second. "yes, he's really old which explains why he keeps sending you the wrong letters," the pillar gave it a few head pats. 

"i noticed you have a crow too, where did you get it from? it's usually only assigned to demon slayers."

"our crows' name is hikari! cool right?" ayumu exclaimed. "that's a nice name i guess," giyuu nodded. "i named it!" ayumu added with a proud smile. 

"ah."

you stifled a laugh at the pillar's expression. "anyway, the crow belongs to my father, but he isn't here anymore and the crow didn't want to leave. so i guess it's ours now," you explained. 

"i'm sorry for your loss."

"oh it's fine really!" you quickly shook your head, "it happened four years ago, we're okay now."

"i see, what was your father's name?" 

"[l/n] sota."

giyuu perked up at the familiar name, "wait, was he a pillar?" 

"he was! did you know him?" 

"i met him a few times," giyuu nodded, "he's a really nice guy." 

"yeah, i hope he had a peaceful death," you said in a soft voice. 

"i remember going on a mission with him," giyuu stated, "he kept pulling pranks on me..." the pillar muttered. "right? he does it to me all the time!" you laughed. 

"he made everything seem fun," giyuu added, "he was even making jokes when we were going against a lower moon," the pillar sighed. "but he was a good guy, and strong too," you nearly missed it but a faint smile had appeared on the pillar's features.

"i feel kinda left out..." a small voice spoke after some time. 

"ayumu? you've met dad before though," you tilted your head. 

"only for two years! and i was so young back then, i can't remember much..." the six year old pouted, "all i know is he had white hair and is really tall."

you and giyuu gave each other a quick side glance.

"uhm, ayumu..." the black haired male muttered.

"dad had brown hair— not white—" you continued. 

"oh."

"well, anyway, we should head back now, the sun's beginning to set," you changed the subject, standing up. "o-okay," ayumu followed after you and giyuu, leaving the small stall. 

as you and giyuu continued having your own conversation, ayumu walked next to you with a slight frown on his face. 

"i really thought dad had white hair..."