36. Behind the scenes.

Not edited
Please put your playlist here-

Manik

" Manik .. Manik! Manik wake up."
Opening my eyes I came face to face with worried looking Nandani.
" What's wrong." Saying I sat up.
She hesitated for a moment then spoke up. " I am still bleeding.."

I was confused for a moment then it came to me .
" It's natural Nandani. Just have some rest it will stop." Taking her hand I assured her as she lied down.

Stroking her hairs I waited for her to fall asleep. Placing a soft kiss on her head I walked down to bring her some breakfast.

~~

We were having our breakfast while watching the news, almost every entertainment news channel showed pictures of us , mostly from the party and one of the marriage picture that I uploaded.

Pointing to a certain photo Nandani called out to me .
" Manik , can we frame it ?"
Shrugging I replied " yea I will have it framed."
" I want it to be big and we will hang it above the head board." She said calculating the wall .
She looked cute with one of her eyes closed and and hands to out to measure the wall.

" Oh like you had mine on your apartment?" I teased.

Rolling her eyes she she took a piece of fruit and shoved it to my mouth.
Her curverd up stretch lips made me chuckle.

After breakfast we both got ready for office.
Seeing Nandani at her office suite made me smile involuntarily.
" What ?" She rose her eyebrows.
Shaking my head at her I went out of the room to call out Simon.

Nandani walked up to me at the hallway and said
" Manik, I can go alone I don't need Simon to follow me plus he has training today. "

" No no , I don't trust my mother . " Said I nodded at Simon and he nodded back .

Sighing loudly she took her bag and left for the car .

Assuming her to be mad at me I tried to nudge her with work . It worked and we soon started discussing various projects.

Soon the car reached her destination.
" You sure , you don't want me to come?" I asked
" Yup positive." She smiled
" Take care ." Saying I placed a light kiss on her lips.
" I will , don't worry Navya and Cabir will be there so it will be fine." Saying Nandani walked out of the car and headed towards the front gate.

~~

The day went smoothly , with office work and shoot .
Soon it was lunch time .
" Sir you meeting is fixed , the party will be waiting for you at the hotel. " Daisy informed me .

Giving her a nod I looked at my watch. Deciding to meet Nandani on my way to the meeting I grabbed my phone and left the office hurriedly.

As usual Nandani was focused on her work when I entered her cabin.
" Hey ." I waved
" Hi.." she waved back
" So, you liking it here?" I asked walking near her.
" Yes , the people are very nice here and I get to spend more time with Navya . Thank you." She gave me a smile.
" Good, just wanted to see if you are comfortable. By the way I have a lunch meeting now, I have to rush. "
After a few while I left the office for my meeting.

~~
" Manik .... Manik.. Manik wake up.. are you alright Manik..!!!" Voices rang near my ears but head hurts like fuck..

" Manik..Manik.." Cabir screamed again.
" Hmm.."my throat hurts.
" Manik ..what happened?" His voice stinged my head more.

" Here , drink this." He handed me a glass of liquid and I gulped it down in one go.

After a while when I was able to open my eyes clearly I found myself in my penthouse looking around strangely.
I don't remember comming here!

" Nandani is worried as hell , Manik did you took those pills again?" Cabir asked out angrily.

" Shitt Nandani!" I cried out.

" Answer me!" Cabir demanded.

" I swear I didn't, I have no idea how I came here, I was at the hotel. I have had a few drinks then I don't remember. " I said confused as I tried to remember more.

" Please don't tell Nandani anything she will be worried. " I requested.

" Okay, but we have to find out what happened. " He retorted.

" Okay let's get you out of here. " Cabir said and I complied.

The ride back home was hazzy , I tried the entire ride to figure out what happened.
My phone had more then 100 missed calls and messages.
It was pretty late but I still decided to Call Daisy, I waited till she received .

" Daisy email me the file from today's meeting please. " I said trying to get my voice straight.

" Okay sir and I also prosponed the shoot you had with Nandi's "she sounded formal.

" About that , why did I cancelled it today ?" I enquired.

" Sir you said you had some personal work. " she replied quite quickly.

" fine " saying I hunged up the phone.

" Apparently I said I have some personal work ." I said to Cabir who was driving ." But why don't I remember anything?"

" Something is definitely fishy here ." He said back.

Upon reaching home I was greeted with a over worried Nandani.
" Where were you , and why didn't you received my call? I called you like thousand times." She said throwing her arms up.

I could see Navya seating on the couch and Maria on the corner.
" Anny was here too, I just put her too sleep ." Nandai said .

" Let them talk , I think we should leave." Cabir said pointing towards Navya and soon both of them left.

Grabbing Nandani's arms I made her sit down on the couch.
" I just had a few drinks and I felt asleep on the penthouse, I am sorry it will never happen again I swear. " I said as she hugged me .
" I was worried." She said
" I know, I am truly sorry." Patting her head back making sure she believe my words.

Even though I convinced her, the thought keep bugging me, did I really went to the penthouse becouse I was drunk or there is something else behind the scenes.

_______
Hey guys.

I hope you like the part.

Love
Paro