15 . Free foods.

(Not Edited)

Please put your playlist here!

Manik

Going through the 7th file I sighed keeping the file in the front desk. Hearing a knock I found Cabir to came back with few others in his hand.

"These are the script you asked for, meeting is in 10 minutes. " He informed arranging the files in my briefcase.

Giving my temple a good massage I informed him to take the meeting without me.

" I think I need a break. " I added.
" Okay , your flight is at 4 pm, I will join you there tommorow. " saying he left my office.
Sighing I leaned on my chair and heaved a heavy breathe.

After a while a office boy brought me a cup of coffee saying Cabir asked him to .
I am really glad to have a person like him around me , at least I don't have to explain my mood to him.

I was feeling heavy for no specific reason, may be I should see her for once before the trip.

I connected a call to Ak Ltd. And waited for the reception .

" Hello, AK Ltd, how may I help you?" A sweet voice greeted me .
" It's Manik Malhotra. Ask Ms. Murthy to hand over the current hrd file to the head office as soon as possible. "

" But , sir she left for lunch a moment ago , do you wish me to call and inform her ?"

" Why do you think I am calling you then , call her... Wait send me her number right now , I will see the rest . " Saying I hung up the call .

Lunch ! She doesn't always leave for lunch , as long as I have seen she rearely gets time for lunch let alone leaving office for it.

Hearing the ping of the cellphone I opened the message when the phone number of Nandani was flashing.
Taking out my personal phone I typed the number and pressed the call icon but instantly disconnected it.

What if she is busy somewhere else?

Keeping the phone aside I closed my eyes leaning back . She made me clear that she doesn't have any man in her life. I shouldn't have such thoughts about her.

Staying away from her will definitely get me some closure of my feelings for her. I don't want to rush it also I have to know if the feelings are mutual or it's just my illusion.

A knock broke my trance of thoughts but I was in no mood to take any bullshits now. Another knock sounded on the door but I didn't reply hoping the employee or the office boy whoever it is to take it as a clue and leave.

I heard the click of the lock being twist and the door slided . I was too tired to open my eyes but the audacity of whoever opened the door raised my curiosity. I was about to yell for not obeying my orders. When I found only half of Nandani's face peeping in from the door.

" Umm.. Are you busy?" She said staying in the same position.

What should I say , what should I say! Damn it! It's even hard to think when she is around.

" Yes. " Was all I could say.

What yes, she will definitely leave now.! Great !

Cursing my mouth , I sat up straight keeping my hands on the desk.

She narrowed her eyes at me and made a thinking face .

" Well then,.."
no no don't leave, let me explain.
".. can you stop being busy?" Saying she entered in my cabin and tripped on the corner table.

In an instant I rose up from my seat
" Watch it ! Are you alright?" Concern engulfed my voice but I gulped it down trying to sound normal.

Giving me a dismissal wave se pulled out the chair " I am fine . "

After settling down she took out a file while heaving sigh .

" Sir, we have a lunch meeting now so I came here to pick you up. " Saying she tapped on the file.

Raising one of my eyebrows I leaned forward crossing my hand on the desk.
" And why am I not aware of this meeting? "

She looked here and there before replying " it was sudden actually, okay now let's go we are getting late ."

She stood up taking the file , ready to go outside while I call her.

"All my meetings are arranged by Cabir , and u know I can't randomly go to any places . " I shrugged .

She rolled her eyes while huffing and turned to me .
" I know, I know , you are the great superstar Manik but I have looked into all the matters trust me . "

I want to !

---

We were waiting for 5 minutes for the so call investor in a small hotel named ' Garden ' which has probably only 3 staffs and fortunately 2 of them are old enough to not give a shit about who I am . However the old lady was too kind and the old man was constantly smiling at us for no reason whatsoever.

While Nandani was tapping the file constantly as if it is some instrument for her rhythm practice and a frown now and then gracing her face .

" Cancel the meeting , I don't have the whole day for this . " I said extending my hands to take the file which was laying on the table.

" Okay, but sir, it's already past lunch time and I am really very hungry and I also brought you here without informing you before hand ... " She said while taking the file back from me .

I frowned .

There is something fishy!

"What do you want to say ?". I asked leaning back.

" I am just suggesting, it totally your call , can we have our lunch here today ?" She asked suddenly fidgeting with her fingers. Probably out of nervousness.

I looked at my watch , I still have had 30 - 45 minutes more which I was planning to take some rest at office. I can surely spend some quality time with her before the trip.

However , when opportunities knock we should open the door quickly.

" Okay ." As soon as the word left my lips a bright smile appeared at her face , the same kind as of a child who got hold of her favorite chocolate. She asked the waiter to bring our food.
And in minutes the food was in our table .

My eyebrow shot up looking at the table all kind of foods that are my favorites were laying infront of me. And Nandani was looking everywhere but me.

All the confusion and fishiness got cleared. Unknowingly a smirk made its way through my lips.

Leaning forward I whispered ,
" You could have just ask me you want a date , Nandani !"

____________________________________

Hey guys !

Do you think Nandani's is in love too?

I hope you like the part .

Share your views and do vote , comment and share with your reading circle.

Till next time !
Love
Paro .

[You can follow me on my Instagram account @thequillz_ ( link in bio ) for teaser and notification of future updates.. ]

You can also check my other works .

● The man I dream of.

● Beneath my skin.

● Alpha male.

● My Poetries

PS: More views & comments = Early update.