10. Shoot be dammed!

(Not edited)
~ please put your playlist here. ~

Manik

Standing at the podium I scanned the crowd in front of me, every employee was quite and curious . Some were batting lashes while some were shocked.

The kind of expression I was expecting.  I started introducing myself and went on with the speech but my mind and eyes were fixed on the certain someone. Who was patiently standing there , listening to my every word attentively. Her eyes were determined .

After all It was her work that made me want to fix the deal with this company.

" I hope all of you will cooperate with the new change and do your unit of job efficiently. That's all for today , You may go back to your work, thank you."

All the crowd dispersed immediately and I got down to went after her.
She was walking back to her cabin when I called her .

" Nandani ." She stopped and turned towards me when Cabir came out of nowhere and stood right beside me .

What a timing Cabir!

"Miss Murthy, I gathered you are the head of Human Resource here . " She replied with a swift yes sir ! .

" I would want to study the report of past two months , bring it to my cabin now." I said while glancing at my watch .  It was 12 am and I still have 1 hr to talk with her before lunch.

" But sir , your shoot is in next half hour. " Cabir uttered with terror in his voice.
With my one Sharp look he nodded at me saying " Okay! I will postpone it ."and left hurriedly.
I know I have a lot to explain to him but first I need to spend some time with her.

When I look back at her she already left maybe for gathering the file want . She will just have to fetch the file and she will be at my cabin.

A sudden feeling of happiness washed over my heart , just the thought of talking to her make me feel good. I swiftly took my seat and started tapping my finger in anticipation.

After few minutes which felt like an ages to me I heard a knock. Making my posture calm . I took a deep breath and called her inside.

Gesturing her to take a seat in front of me, I started scanning the file that she handed me.

I already knew the content as I have another copy of this file with me. I started flipping the pages of the file while stealing glances at her. Her posture we're composed but calculative , something was running in her mind but her eyes were happy. 

" Why didn't you came to beach?" I enquired keeping the file between us. I couldn't see her face but I can tell she didn't expected this question from the file.

" Because of the stupid disciplinary action. "

Shit!!
Okay!!

Clearing my throat I closed the file and put it on the desk. Clasping my hand together I thought for a quick come back.

" If you miss your practice at this rate. Your skills are going to deteriorate ." I smiled.

She blinked ,
" Well , I think the accounts department need a training in upcoming week." She spoke pointing at the file .

What is she talking about??

" If you want I can send the accounts head to talk about the future plans." She added making me roll my eyes in my mind. I just stared at her. Letting her do whatever she wants .

After some moment of unnecessary talks, she huffed.

" It was your fault, you charged disciplinary action against me while I was at no fault. " With narrowed eyes her cheeks were turning red. 

Finally , normal talks!

" You were absent without a notice , well technically it was your fault. " I countered.

" That is what I was trying to say from the last three days that I submitted my leave through mail . But no one was there to listen and  boom the boss is no longer the boss wao. " She breathed .

She was quite furious so I took my time to reply her with an appropriate answer.

" well, " I started while leaning forward "I apologise for the misunderstanding it will be look into , and for an instant compensation can I take you for a lunch right now?" I stated . Her eyes turned wider than before .

Well, everyone wants a date with me ! It Should be win win for her.

I waited patiently for her to speak but her expression told me she was too shocked to say anything.so,  I grab the opportunity .

" Should I take your silence as a yes?"  She seemed to be in a lot of thoughts.

I wish I knew what she thinks about me!!

" Umm... I ..I actually .. I have a ton of work and we also didn't finished the file . It's not that I don't want to , but you know I don't go out  usually at lunch ..I mean I do , but I need to leave office earlier today so... " She stated while glancing here and there and moving her hands up and down. Her eyes were so beautiful and hold such honesty that it didn't even angered me.

She doesn't look directly in my eyes , even on morning I noticed it. But when I saw her on the hall , she was quite confident to not look in eyes.

" Okay! then take a look on this file and suggest me some way to make the employees work more." I handed her the file.

" I am sorry !. I really don't have time to leave for lunch today. " She spoke  while looking down . she seemed sad and disappointed at herself.

I have never seen someone feeling sad for saying no to me other then my Anny.

I politely smiled at her  and excused myself from the cabin. 

Is she planning to skip lunch today for work? I won't let it happen though!

In  today's world finding someone who cares even a little bit for your emotions is tough and here she is saying sorry for saying no to a lunch.   Her voice and her eyes were so innocent. I wish I could take her to meet Nini . There is something in her and that something is making me feel things I don't dare to mention.

Tapping Cabir's no. I impatiently waited for him to take the call.
" Cabir! Find the staff who handles all the office and staff related emails and fire him immediately. And yeah send lunch for two in my cabin. "

" Okay on it.  But  your shoot ? " I got a  reply.

" Let it be Damned, I don't care ! "

Disconnecting the call I went back to my cabin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys !

Share your views and do vote , comment and share with your reading circle.

I hope you like the part .

Till next time !
Love
Paro .

[You can follow me on my Instagram account @thequillz_  ( link in bio ) for teaser and notification of future updates.. ]

PS: More views & comments = Early update.