8. Absent minded.

(Not edited)
~ please put your playlist here. ~

Manik

It had been two and half hours , and there is no trace of her. Even the wind and the waves couldn't help me to ease my mind tonight.

I was getting restless and the  wont of having a anti anxiety pill was constant throbbing on my mind.

It was a miracle that I almost forgot that I used to take pills . Its like she was my remedy. She brought peace in mind in an unnatural way and I can't help but like it in an spiritual way.

She is my calm!!

Buzzing of my cell phone broke my trance of thoughts . I vaguely received it and heard Cabir shouting from the other side.

" Where are you dude !! We have been waiting for you since forever!!"

Oh only if she knew !! that I am waiting for her .

" Hello ! Manik are you there??" Cabir's voice reached my ears again.

" Why are you shouting?"

" Why am I shouting?? Don't tell me you forgot ! Dude I promised her . I don't know I need you to get here right now. And I am not taking a no for an answer.. come here fast.. "

Without even waiting for my answer he cut the call . Oh this bastard! I will show him whose the Bose tomorrow . Only for the stupid friendship agreement I cannot say him anything about this matter .

I Know I have to go, and there is no possible excuse I can tell him .

Grabbing myself from the shore I went towards my Jeep to meet his would be ' fiancee' .

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

As soon as I reached the venue loud music crushed my eardrums. Taking a few steps more I found Cabir on the barside .

" Hey! Make it quickly I need to go." I said while tapping his shoulder.

" Oh finally, come let me introduce you both."

Following his steps my eyes gradually scanned the area. People were dancing on the ground floor , couples were making out . As if everyone came here to forgot all the problems of life and to enjoy the night. But that what everyone does and that's is about life, You have to forget to enjoy.

Soon we entered the reserved area. I found a girl looking at the crowd through the glass , her back facing mine.
I was genuinely interested in seeing what kind of girl actually won cabir's heart. And I had to make sure that the girl is perfect of him.

" Come ." Cabir's voice broke her trance and she turned towards me.
I saw a beautiful woman with black sharp eyes , slightlypointed nose and sharp jawline. Her lips curled up immediately when she saw Cabir and on the next second her hands were covering her mouth.

I realized that might be the reaction for me.

" Okay , Manik this is Navya and Navya this is my best friend Mr. Manik Malhotra. "

" Hello. " I forwarded my hand and she literally in slow motion removed her hand and forwarded towards mine.
" Hello sir.! "

"Sir!!  No need to call me sir , you can call me Manik." Confused I looked at Cabir.

"Oh  did I  forgot to mention that she is our new finance head . " He shrugged and earned a look from me.

Shaking his head , he called the waiter to place our foods.

After a little chatting, I was really getting exausted and there was constant desperation for the pills in my mind.

" So , hope you are a right choice for both him and my company . " I smiled while raising a toast.
They both joined me and smiled.

" I will take my leave then. And Cabir I need to have a talk to you about something important , remember that first thing in the morning. " I said while fixing my blazer.

" Okay . See you in the set tommorow. "
Shit !! I totally forgot about tomorrow's plan . I gave him and His girl a smile and left the place.

°°°°°

Last two days was completely vague just like my life is. Just passing without any motive or spirit. Her absence  made me the old Manik. Ruthless!!

You hardly know for three days!

My inner voice taunted, true! I only know her name and that she has a beautiful voice, nothing more .how can she affect me like this.

My shoulder sprain reminded me how fool I was to wait for an unknown girl on the beach till morning. But she was nowhere found.

Just like wind of Autumn , she calmed my soul and left me lifeless.

I couldn't think, my mind was fogged with her thoughts. I have no single clue to find her.

An abrupt shaking of my shoulders broke my trance and I found  a fuming Cabir shaking me.

Is he insane!!

"Are you even listening Manik!!"

"What is it?" I spat , I was in no mood for shitts today.

" That girl is working her ass off , you have to discharge her from the disciplinary action Manik." Cabir's voice reached my ears.

I have been so busy with my misery that I completely forget .

Extending my palm I looked at him
" Reports?"

Scrutinizing the report it would be an understatement if I say I am not impressed.  Good ! She will be beneficial for the company.

" Adequate , discharge her and prepare for my introduction speech . It's time for the employees to know who there new  boss is. "

Soon Cabir left and I was all alone with my thoughts again. My temples we're busting from the constant ache. Grabbing two pills of crocin I gulped and started massaging my temples when faint voices reached my ears.

It was obvious someone was quarreling , but the voices we're too dim for me to recognize.

I waited for a few minutes but the quarell didn't stopped. I was already pissed from my life and if this kind of environment continue to prevail in my own office. I going to charge disciplinary action against everyone.

My patience level broke off and I stood up from my chair and started walking towards the door to give whoever on the other side of the door a piece of my mind.

Before I can grab the knob someone pushed open the door and we collide with each other.

The person surely doesn't have any decency to knock.

A peircing shreik nearly tore my eardrums when we fell and I soon realized that the person is a girl who was now on top of me and both of us are lying on the ground.

Her hairs was all over her face , when she swiped her hairs I stiffed .

I was not sure whether to be relieved or to be shocked that the person I was desperate to see was here in my arms  fumming in anger .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys !

I am really sorry for being sooo late to upload but trust me I was hand tied .

Share your views and do vote , comment and share with your reading circle.

I hope you like the part .

Till next time !
Love
Paro .

[You can follow me on my Instagram account @thequillz_  ( link in bio ) for teaser and notification of future updates.. ]