23. Gift (2)

( Not Edited)

Please put your playlist here--

Manik

After our little chit chat at the church, we boarded the flight . As soon as the flight took off Nandani adjusted her comforter , sliding in she flashed me a wide smile and within a few minutes she was fast asleep.

On the other hand I was busy staring at her , even though she was fully covered with the comforter from head to toe I still couldn't take my eyes off her .

I am officially lovestruck!

Laughing at my own thoughts I focused back on my laptop .

At the exit , I pull my scarf a little with my hand to avoid any sort of audience . We almost made it to my car  when suddenly one guy in brown hairs ran up to me holding a camera . Cursing my luck I glanced at Nandani who gave me an amused look.

Soon the team came and questions were bombarded,
for my good it was only related to my new movie nobody has a clue about Nandani .
After a while of the interview , I heard  Nandani  saying .
" Please Excuse us ," she looked a the paparazzi then at me " Sir we are getting late for the meeting ."
She added " As far as I know A press conference has already arranged, Manik sir will answer you there.  Thank you ." Saying she held her palm forward signalling me to take the lead .

I didn't realize when she took out a  file and  came into her professional form  pointed the file out to the cameraman as a proof ,   but I sure do like her split personalities if it save me and my girlfriend from the piercing eyes of the media.

Walking towards the car , I pulled open the door for her which she immediately held herself .
" Allow me , they might see us ." She whispered .
Nodding I took the back seat while she took the passenger seat .

Looking through the crowded city I sighed leaning back on the seat . Even though people thrive for fandom , it only facinates for a short period of time. The outer world doesn't know the bitter truth of the media , if you are in focus nothing in your life will be private any more , all your well wishers and enemies will be provided with all the information they need .

In reel life , everything seems perfect with a small amount of enemy and a huge amount of well wishers but
In real life ,the proportion of our well wishers are very low in respect of our enemies.

Finding Nandani looking at me through the rare view mirror, I cast her a smile which she reciprocated instantly.
Her eyes held untouched innocence , taking everything it can in its possession . So calming that her one look can make my heart in peace.

I certainly don't want her to drag in this mess of Paparazies .
Keeping her away from the press will be a tough job but I have to make sure it stays that way, I cannot risk her life .
Once Nandani is revealed ,the deal will be preponed and I still haven't thought about how to deal with it.

My train of thoughts were broken when the car stopped , glancing at the window I found ourselves outside if a hospital.
Nandani was  out of the car before I could utter a word.

Stepping out of the car I looked at Nandani with a questioning look .

" Actually I visit my brother at this time . " She said while casting her gaze low .

" Sure , I can wait here . " I said shoving my hands in the pocket .
I surely don't want to interfere in brother-sister moment . And it's her birthday I have almost taken more then half of it.

Even though I hate sharing what's mine . I still doesn't know exactly where I stand in her life .

Turning I took a step towards the car  when she held my hand . Stopping in my track I turned around to ask what is it ?  if she need some more time ? or if she would want to end the day here ? But what she said was what I least expected.