Capitulo 9

Warning: Profanities.

Capitulo 9

THERE'S a wide smile plastered on Emmanuelle's face upon finishing some works that she had been busy about.

Emmanuelle cupped the face of the holographic figure—it's the person she missed dearly. "Still the best reference for my artworks," she said, gazing at the sight presented in front of her as she placed the paint brush behind her ear.

Hands was on her hips when someone knocked that caused her to jump out of shock, she swung her hand to erase the traces of the holographic figure she created.

"What is it?" she yelled, trying to calm her nerves.

It was just her daughter Hussey. "Unkee Kye came to visit in our café, Nue."

"Oh, wait a second." She fixed herself and returned the materials she used to their respective place.

After she came in their café, her positive feeling died down when her eyes spotted the person she insanely dislike.

"What do we have here?" Her brows rose at Kye.

He gave her a stupid grin, a grin that she called as a threat. Great. They're so much alike that it's getting a little scary. . . .

"So," Eiassey started, still haven't noticed her mother's presence. "Are you our daddy or nah?"

Kye laughed at her daughter that made Emmanuelle cringed. "Uhm, no but you can call me daddy if it's not much big of a deal to you, why not?"

Emmanuelle rolled her eye because of his answer. "Oi, stop pestering my dear Eiassey, fucker." She showed herself up that made Kye's grin bigger.

Kye lifted both of his hands as if he was surrendering. "I'm just being a good person here."

Emmanuelle clicked her tongue. "What do you want? Money? You can take mine and leave plus don't show your face here again, please." Voice was filled of contempt.

"Yo, calm your burning head. I'm just here to see if you haven't back out."

She sighed then headed to the office room. "Why would I back out? I love it there and I have been there for two years already, dumbass."

Emmanuelle just let the cheeky bastard in her office. Maybe he had something important to tell her.

Now that she thought about what happened in the past two years made her feel old even though she didn't actually age.

Sure, her work was kind of stressful but it was fun helping anyway.

Kye Lombardi was the reason why she became a clinician in this covert organization named Sangre Joven or also known by its initials, SJ.

Her work there was to create medicines that came from the nutrients of Animalia and she's also responsible for the patients.

She was invited to be a larcenist in the first place; Emmanuelle doesn't know how Kye found her aside from running into her in the orphanage.