Capitulo 14

Warning: Profanities.

Capitulo 14

NOT alive but still walking, that's what Emmanuelle felt for so many months now.

Realization hit her in the short span of time. Hussey and Eiassey were the only ones that were keeping her be right in the head.

The three of them were in their Paw Home, her veterinary clinic and an animal shelter which consist of stray dogs and cat for the most part.

Today was still Emmanuelle's day off while her twins on the other hand were enjoying their vacation and their long rest from training in SJ also.

She had that relieved, peaceful smile as she watched her two angels feeding the dogs and cats.

She may be in her melancholy phase but all in all, she's quite functioning very well.

But that doesn't mean she doesn't feel like a zombie. Though, she trusted that in the end of the day, she will be fine.

Emmanuelle just have to carry on and keep moving forward.

Even if the thought of how her soul break in the past affected her, she's sure she'll be just fine.

Her lips turned into a smile when a puppy came to her, wagging its tail. "Aww . . ." She felt her heart swelled up when the puppy showed its belly. "Want me to belly rub you, baby?"

Emmanuelle bowed from her seat to reach the puppy.

The puppy stuck out it's tongue when she started caressing her fur. "Good girl, here's your treat!"

Emmanuelle fed her treats until her phone vibrated. She wrapped an arm around the puppy to bring it to her lap before checking what made her phone vibrate.

Her brow rose when she read that her presence was needed to come with someone for their mission and so she can get her superior the list of special plants that was needed back to SJ.

It was said that once her day off ended they will begin.

"Ahh, so lame. I wouldn't get to use my technique on this one. How tiring," she whispered under her breath.

"I'm thirsty!" Eiassey complained while her twin plopped on the floor that made Emmanuelle cluck her tongue.

"The floor is dirty, Hussey. Get up," Emmanuelle reprimanded.

Hussey just grumbled and messed up her hair. "I'm already dirty anyway and I'll shower once we're home," her daughter reasoned that made her huff a breath.

Damn it, I'm also like that before. . . .

Emmanuelle got up to her feet so she can go grab glasses of water inside the clinic for her children.

"Thank you, Nue," the two chirped after she handed each of them a glass of water.

"Nue? Can I ask something?" Eiassey queried.