Capitulo 27

Warning: Profanities, steamy.

Capitulo 27

DEEP exhale came out from her nose as she absentmindedly listened to Astennu's nonsense talk in the middle of the dawn.

He does not stop talking, and he was not talking about anything important, it's really just words and they don't really make sense.

What's more making him a menace—his habit of putting all of his body weight on her.

A contented suspire blew out of his lips after he successfully found a comfortably position on top of her.

"Mmm . . . better support me." He grazed his nose on her neck to inhale her creamy, warm, comforting, yet also slightly exotic scent.

Emmanuelle's upper lip curled when he started mumbling gibberish again.

"You know you have mission later this morning, right?" she reminded reason for his talks to be disturbed.

"But you're not asleep so I won't sleep." Astennu hang his head up to bombard her with kisses all over her face.

"You seriously need to stop your bad habits, you're already a grown ass man. Come early when it's time for work, stop acting like you're any significant to the ones who's waiting for you," she reprimanded.

Astennu only dropped his face to her neck. "I'm not that always late. . . ." Emmanuelle can feel him pouting on her.

She skimmed her fingers on his hair. "You're always late when it comes to these matters, now sleep. I'll wake you up once it's sunrise."

"But when are you sleeping?"

"Now," she assured.

"Is it okay if I sleep on top of you?" She giggled and hummed as a reply. "Okay . . . I love you."

Emmanuelle planted a kiss on his forehead once he closed his eyes. "Love you too, baby."

A contented look glazed her face when his breathing became even.

However, she didn't fell asleep no matter how much she tried, her body clock must have gotten used to sleep every time the sunlight exposed itself.

There's nothing in her thoughts in particular, just zoned out with her eyes on the ceiling and hands caressing Astennu's back every passing seconds.

The euphoric feeling never left her side after she and Astennu got together.

Her heart swelled up with fulfillment.

In this life as a Keeper, she now understood what's the goal her soul was looking for.

Contentment.

In her ephemeral life, she never had it. Felt like time always abandoned her whenever her desires are becoming within reach.