twelve

trigger warnings: death, cancer

brooke parked her car, rather messily, and ran into the hospital, specks of sweat on her forehead.

"mrs. wilson, please!" brooke yelled in a rush as the lady brought her to the exact room she had visited numerous times before.

brooke sat next to mrs. wilson, her eyes watery.

"mrs. wilson?" brooke asked quietly, hoping and praying that she'd get a response.

lucky for her, mrs. wilson slowly opened her eyes and looked at brooke.

"mrs. wilson!" brooke yelled, sniffling a bit as she held her in her arms. "I thought you were gone."

-

mrs. wilson and brooke talked for hours, brooke never leaving her side.

"here you go miss." a lady said as she set a pudding cup on the table beside mrs. wilson. "enjoy."

"thank you hanna." mrs. wilson responded with her kind smile as she grabbed the putting cup.

suddenly, the pudding cup dropped out her hand and mrs. wilson began to try and catch her breathe.

mrs. wilson's body moved as she tried to breathe as best she could. brooke quickly ran to get the lady who was there just seconds before.

"help! help!" brooke yelled as the same lady followed her to mrs. wilson's room.

"oh dear!" the lady said as she grabbed more nurses.

"mrs. wilson, stay calm please." a nurse said as they tried to keep her body still.

after a couple minutes, mrs. wilson's body stopped moving and she looked at brooke.

brooke's eyes were wide, though she couldn't see much do to the tears forming.

mrs. wilson began to whisper, "you know brooke, the day at the library, I meant to switch you and niki's books."

that was the last thing she said before her breathing stopped completely and her body relaxed.

"i'm sorry miss.." one of the nurses started before brooke ran to mrs. wilson, holding her tight.

"no! please no!" brooke yelled out as her tears soaked mrs. wilsons clothing and she held onto her stiff body.

"no." brooke repeated slowly and quietly as she relaxed her grip on mrs. wilson's limp body and fell to the floor.

more people gathered into the room as they grabbed brooke and lightly pulled her away from the lady.

yes I am changing the format of my books and the way i'm writing them as i've been rather inspired by the format of a draco fanfic I was reading. I sound so proper wth.

also sorry for this being so short, probably could've made it a bit longer (and better)

anyways, mrs. wilson has passed sadly. ayla has already screamed at me abt it lmao.

hope you enjoyed! :)