eighteen

a couple months passed and a lot changed. brooke had finally gotten enough money from working 2 jobs to rent an apartment in the same building as niki and will. she finally got to afford a new set up and was just finishing the last bit of decoration in her new apartment.

brooke had also started her lore, her character being fundy's long lost twin by the name, well, brooke. she really enjoyed lore streams and hanging out with her friends. she also got close to a lot of the members.

brooke set her headphones on her desk after a long lore stream she had just participated in. she walked around her average sized apartment, looking at all the cool art she had spread across the walls.

she sat on the comfy, mustard yellow couch and turned on the tv. though her two best friends, niki and will, were just a floor below her, she still felt as lonely as could be in her new place.

she never truly realized how lonely she was until she stayed with wilbur and niki. they truly felt like family, she was hoping she could stay there forever but she knew that wasn't possible.

that's when she got an idea, she should get a pet! brooke was the queen of making crazy decisions on the spot. I mean, she asked for a job at a bookstore not even hours after making the decision.

she searched up animal shelters near her, trying to find the closest one. she was hoping to get a dog or a cat, any furry and cuddly animal really.

when she found a location, she grabbed her bag and phone and left her apartment. as she was driving to the shelter, she was thinking of different names.

maybe for a boy dog, name him bowser? or a girl cat could be posie! she didn't immediately decide on a name, she was planning on finding the right pet first and choosing a name she thought fit it.

she parked her car outside of the building and went inside, immediately in awe by all of the adorable animals, even the snakes were cute.

"hello." brooke greeted as she approached the man behind the desk, causing him to look up. "hello miss, what are you looking for today?" he asked politely.

"I was hoping to see the dogs and cats?" brooke asked with her usual smile. the man nodded as he motioned for her to follow him.

she followed him to the back where there were dogs and cats on both sides of the room. she looked around with a huge smile spread across her face.

she walked up to a puppy that caught her eye immediately. it was a dalmation, a black circle around one of his eyes. all sorts of names crossed her mind when she laid eyes on him. spots, checkers, oreo.

she continued to look around, soon stopping to look at a small grey kitten. the paper on it's cage had said it was a female. lola would be a perfect name for her!

brooke looked around some more, spending about half an hour looking at the adorable animals but had still not made a choice. "is it possible to take one out to see how we get along?" brooke asked the worker and he nodded, grabbing a key and opening the cage to get the dalmation.

brooke sat down with the puppy, it jumping around a bit, trying to play. brooke played along as she jumped around as well, it was a lot of fun. then, it was the kittens turn.

he grabbed the kitten and handed it to brooke gently. brooke sat on the floor, holding the kitten in her arms as it fell asleep immediately. she giggled a bit.

"so, have you made your decision?" the worker asked, another 30 minutes later. "yes, yes I have." brooke said with confidence in her voice.

ooo which pet do you think brooke will choose??

again, tysm for 900 reads! that's crazy! :D

hope you enjoyed!! <3