twenty one

we had everything we needed to begin the war that would change everything.

we had our weapons firmly gripped in our sweaty hands and our armor on our stiff bodies. we were determined to win this war, even if it results in death.

we were going to get l'manburg back.

we ran out of the base, making our way to eret's castle. we were running along the bridge when we began to get fired at by karl and schlatt.

we finally climbed the tower, making it our own as schlatt and karl ran out of sight and away from us. that was before the manburgians started shooting at us as well.

we easily shot back before half of us made our way to the docks and the other half ran to manburg.

after a while, everyone on manburg's side had surrendered. dream had also spoken to us and said that schlatt is an idiot and that he's done with him.

he then lead us to the camarvan where schlatt was sitting on the ground, completely drunk. "tommy, do you still have dream's bow?" wilbur asked.

"I do." he replied, matter-of-factly.

"place it in between his eyes and shoot." wilbur instructed tommy, but tommy didn't do it, despite everyone surrounding him and telling him to.

schlatt drank one last bottle of alcohol, resulting in his breathing patterns becoming strange. "what are your last words schlatt?" wilbur asked as schlatt just stayed silent. then, he died.

we all were shocked by his sudden heart attack. we were even more confused when we heard his familiar voice say "flatty patty." ominously.

"what the fuck!" quackity yelled, fueled with anger do to schlatt's insult.

then, it went silent again before everyone made their way towards the podium for wilbur's "declaration."

once everyone was seated, wilbur named tommy the new president of l'manburg and asked him to give a speech. instead of taking the presidency, tommy gave it back to wilbur.

wilbur then announced that tubbo will be president. everyone cheered and congratulated tubbo on his presidency.

but this was just the beginning.

the next day, everyone was taking down the decorations. brooke was helping niki take down a huge banner when their hands touched slightly.

brooke blushed a bit, making niki smile and go red as well. they continued taking it down, giving each other slight looks here and there.

then, they began taking down the signs plastered across each building. niki's hand slipped and she had accidentally broken a brick from a building.

she looked inside and her face went pale. she didn't say anything; she just fixed it. brooke had snuck a look before niki had put the block back though. the room was full of tnt, assumingely wilbur's.

she looked back at brooke with a nervous look before continuing on with what she had started.

"niki! you have to tell someone." brooke told her. niki just shook her head in response.

"I can't break will's trust, brooke." niki said in defense, keeping her eyes low as she spoke silently.

"if they find out you knew, they'll never trust you." brooke explained. she grabbed niki's hands. "please."

niki looked at brooke. she thought for a second before shaking her head side to side and letting go of brooke's hands with a frown.

"don't tell them." niki said with a pleading look.

brooke sighed. she couldn't out niki or wilbur. she loved niki too much. "fine." brooke said in defeat.

niki mouthed a 'thank you' before moving to a different building, brooke watching her.

brooke looked behind her. tommy and tubbo were standing near the podium with smiles on their faces. after tommy patted tubbo's shoulder, seemingly congratulating him, tubbo had said something that made tommy hug him.

tommy wasn't a very lovable person so it was very strange to see him hugging someone.

tubbo walked away, causing brooke to walk over to tommy. "what was that about?"

"tubbo just gave me the role of his vice-president!" tommy said excitedly with a smile on his face.

"that's amazing tommy!" she yelled in response. "i'm so happy for you!"

brooke hugged tommy but they were quickly split up after they had heard the sound of someone yelling. they turned to where the yelling was coming from and there he was.

tubbo was limp on the ground, dead; techno above him. techno had murdered tubbo.

"I didn't spend weeks planning this revolution for a new government to be instilled immediately!" techno yelled furiously.

brooke looked at niki. her face was covered with fear. "it was techno all along." brooke sighed.

then, techno began killing everyone in sight and the real fight began.

"hey tommy. techno isn't the only traitor." dream began, making tommy look at him.

"who's the other?"

"wilbur." dream said with a laugh. tommy just shook his head in disbelief. "I don't believe you!" he replied. this just made dream laugh even more before disappearing.

the chaos continued. only until the sound of tnt exploding caught everyones attention.

everyone looked at where the sound was coming from and boom! it was all gone.

niki made her way to brooke and tommy, tubbo doing the same. brooke shared a look of fear with niki before looking up at phil and wilbur.

wilbur threw phil his diamond sword and continued to talk to him. phil kept shaking his head, but after looking back at everyone, he grabbed the sword and stabbed wilbur in the chest.

everyone gasped at the sight. wilbur's own father had just murdered him in cold blood.

everyone's attention was drawn to techno. he was next to the beginnings of two withers, holding the heads. tommy told him to stop but techno threatened that if anyone got any closer, he would do it.

everyone backed away and techno asked tommy if he wanted to be the hero, then continued to tell the story of theseus.

when techno finished, he placed the heads on the withers and all hell broke loose.

after the war had finally come to a close, everyone was calming down; but they were dreading tomorrow. everyone had to take part in fixing l'manburg.

the only good thing that had happened is that they got l'manburg back. it wasn't very — whole, but they got it back. it was theirs once again.

this is probably the worst chapter lmao i'm so sorry. I felt very rushed to publish again and I wasn't really feeling the lore vibes so I was very unmotivated but here's another chapter! I didn't really like the lore chapters so I think i'm going to go back to irl next chapter! sorry to disappoint.

also I have a ranboo fanfic i've been writing so if you guys are interested in that I can publish it! :)

hope you guys enjoyed! also tysm for 17k!! <3