fifteen

trigger warnings: house fire

brooke parked close to the building. they could basically smell the flames from where they were. niki and brooke got out of the car and rushed over to the building, trying to find josh.

brooke finally spotted the man and ran towards him, niki close behind. "what happened?" brooke asked, out of breathe from running. "someone's room caught on far and it spread from there." josh explained.

brooke looked up at the building, the top of it completely black. you could see the flames inside the windows, the black smoke coming out from the roof. the sounds of more firetrucks were heard in the distance.

josh, niki and brooke all watched as they tried to stop the fire, but failing. niki had called wilbur and explained why they left so abruptly, making wilbur drive to the scene immediately.

he ran up to the three of us, copying our actions by staring up at the charred building. the firefighters were doing all they could to stop it from spreading.

luckily, no one was injured during the fire. everyone got out before it spread out of the room and the people who had lived there were out that day. the bad thing is, everyone had lost everything they had in their rooms. all of their clothes, photos; memories.

brooke broke into tears when the thought had finally hit her. everything she had left of mrs. wilson, gone. all of her streaming equipment, gone. everything, gone. she collapsed onto the concrete ground, niki falling next to her and wrapping her in a warm embrace.

"you can always stay with us, you know." niki offered to brooke, causing her to nod in response. "that would be nice." brooke said, trying to force a smile on her face but failing miserably.

-

a few hours later, brooke was sitting at will and niki's coffee table, still shaken up. she was holding a cup of coffee, her hand shaking slightly.

the memory replayed in her head, making her eyes water every time. her and niki running up to the building, the smoke coming from the roof, the firetruck sirens echoing.

tears fall down brooke's face; it felt like she was still there, like she was still witnessing it happen. she knows she has niki and will there but she can't get it out of her head that she lost a lot of memories for good. she lost the last bit of mrs. wilson she had left.

"hey, you alright?" niki came out behind brooke, touching her shoulder lightly, making brooke jump a bit. "oh, i'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"no it's alright. i'm just a little jumpy." brooke said in a small voice, fighting the urge to look back at niki. niki realized this and moved to where she could see brooke's face, brooke looking further away each time.

"brooke, what's wrong?" niki asked in a calm voice, trying to get brooke to speak to her. "what's wrong!? what's wrong!?" brooke repeated, finally looking at niki. "my apartment just burned down niki! that room contained all of my memories! it contained the last piece of mrs. wilson I had left!" brooke broke into tears, yelling at niki.

"how am I going to replace that!? I can't just replace all of my photos! all of my memories!" brooke continued, her voice cracking every once in a while.

"hey, hey, calm down." niki said as she grabbed brooke, pulling her in for a hug. "shh, it's okay." niki assured her, cradling her slightly.

wilbur ran into the room, coming to a halt when he saw niki and brooke. his once worried expression changed into a soft smile as he admired the two.

he quietly walked back into his room, continuing to edit and leaving them alone. "can I sleep in your room tonight?" brooke asked niki softly. "yeah, of course. I can just grab a blanket to sleep with on the couch-" niki started before being interrupted by brooke.

"no, sleep with me." brooke said simply, leaving niki in shock. "not like that, you're so dirty minded!" brooke laughed at niki's reaction, causing niki to laugh as well. "it's so nice to see you smile again."

brooke got up and headed to niki's room, immediately plopping onto her comfy bed and drifting off to sleep. "hey, i'm going to stream so if you need anything just-" niki started before she realized brooke was already fast asleep.

she smiled slightly, giving brooke a light kiss on her forehead before beginning her stream.

OOP TEA

a kiss ?? 🤭

anyways, hope you enjoyed ! next chapter will be out in a bit !! <3