fourteen

trigger warnings: fire ??

brooke, niki and wilbur all got up when the cars parked. tommy and tubbo got out of a black car with an older man who brooke assumed to be tommy's dad. then fundy got out of a red car and jack got out of a white one.

they all greeted each other, giving hugs and just talking. tommy immediately ran over to brooke and gave her a huge hug. "hey dad, this is brooke!" he introduced her.

"nice to meet you! tommy talks about you all the time, you're really like a big sister to him." his father said, whispering the last part and holding out his hand.

brooke shook his hand, "that's really sweet, he's basically my little brother." she said with a huge smile on her face. it made her really happy that she had a brother figure like tommy, she was the only child all her life.

brooke began to hug everyone else, even the people she didn't know so well. "how are you guys?" she asked, the huge smile still plastered across her face.

everyone responded once they were finished hugging and catching up. "should we go get food? they have some stands on the dock." niki suggested as she pulled money out of her purse.

jack cheered, making everyone else do the same. jack and fundy went to the hot dog stand; wilbur, tommy and tubbo going to the nacho stand, leaving niki and brooke.

"ice cream?" niki asked, forming a smile and shrugging her shoulders with a questioning tone. brooke's face lit up at the idea. "yes!" she exclaimed.

niki and brooke basically skipped to the ice cream stand, a huge smile on both of their faces. they looked at all the different kinds of ice cream: chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, banana, mint chocolate chip, lime and so many more.

they both stood there, staring at the options for a few minutes, deciding on what to choose. finally, niki chose strawberry and brooke chose banana.

they paid and grabbed their ice cream, walking around the pierre to find something else to do. they looked up at the huge ferris wheel above them, in awe by the colorful lights.

brooke and niki look at each other for a second, smiling as they read each others minds. they nodded and ran up to the line.

they were just behind wilbur and tommy. "are you guys getting on?" wilbur asked. "well duh, why else would we be here?" brooke asked with a laugh, making will shrug his shoulders. "fair enough."

after what seemed like forever, it was finally their turn to get on the ferris wheel. brooke jumped a bit, too excited to get on it. she hasn't been on a ferris wheel since she was 13, it's always been her favorite ride.

niki was also very excited, she usually hangs out at the pierre, getting on the ferris wheel here and there. she enjoys the view of the ocean, of the lights still on across the city, it inspires her.

they happily hop onto their seats, buckling in and waiting eagerly to go up. after everyone was seated, they felt themselves slowly go up; their weight feeling so light, like they were flying.

brooke threw her arms up, almost slapping niki in the process, which only made niki laugh. "i'm the king of the world!" brooke yelled, quoting jack dawson.

niki always got on the ferris wheel for the ocean view, but this time, she was just staring at brooke. watching her brown hair fly in the wind, her beautiful smile spread across her face.

brooke fell back into her seat, seemingly tired by the wind pushing against her, and her yelling. she took a couple deep breathes before looking at niki and laughing. she stopped when she realized how close their faces were.

brooke thought for a second, looking niki's face up and down before she began leaning in and closing her eyes, niki copying her motions. then brooke's phone buzzed, interrupting the moment.

it was josh, the guy who owned the apartment building she lives in. she furrowed her brows as she read the name again, trying to think why he would be calling. did someone break in? is she being evicted?

she hesitantly answered the call, her brows still furrowed. "hello? josh?" brooke asked, very confused. "hey brooke, I hate to tell you this over the phone but the apartment building is on fire." josh explained, his voice obviously shaken.

brooke hung up the phone immediately. "we need to stop the ferris wheel." she said, more to herself than anyone else. "hey, can we hurry the ride up please!? I really need to get off!" brooke yelled, trying to sound as polite as she could.

"what's happening?" niki asked, clearly confused and scared. "my apartment building is on fire." brooke explained quickly before the ride came to a stop at the bottom and she jumped off, niki running after her.

"I owe you a ferris wheel ride next time but I really need to get going, i'll talk to you later." brooke said, running to her car. "i'm coming with you!" niki yelled.

brooke looked back at niki before nodding and continuing to sprint to her car. she unlocked the doors so they could get in. when they did, brooke immediately drove off to the building.

let's normalize hating josh for interrupting niki and brooke's moment >:(

anyways um, another cliff hanger ?? sorry guys :)

I also just want to add, tysm for 600 reads and making it to #1 in the nikinihachu tag !! it means a lot !

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter , as always leave your feedback / suggestions in the comments and how you liked this chapter ! love y'all !!! <3