sixteen

trigger warnings: crazy ex, trust issues ??

the next morning, brooke woke up to niki laying next to her, scrolling through her phone. "good morning." niki said when she realized brooke woke up.

"whatcha looking at?" brooke asked in a tired but intrigued voice as she scooted up and rested her head on niki's shoulder, watching her scroll through twitter. "ugh twitter, what a toxic place." brooke said.

"yeah, i've been thinking about deleting it because of the toxicity but it's very useful to communicate with my fanbase." niki explained as she slightly looked at brooke beside her.

"it's not really fun when you're being called an attention seeker 24/7." brooke said as she looked down, beginning to fidget with her nails. "are people being rude to you?" niki asked, sitting up and turning towards brooke. "if they are I can-"

"no, it's okay, really. I can take it." brooke said as she grabbed niki's hand, giving her a reassuring smile. niki nodded lightly, laying down in the same position she was in just seconds before, brooke doing the same. "so brooke, about last night; on the ferris wheel." niki started hesitantly.

"yeah, what about it?" brooke responded, knowing exactly what she was about to say. she put on a fake smile to hide her anxiousness. "umm, you know what? never mind." niki said, rethinking what she was about to say. "let's go eat breakfast."

brooke looked at niki, letting out a quiet sigh of relief as she followed her to the kitchen. they sat at the dining table, talking to will. "so what did you make for breakfast?" niki asked wilbur with her usual smile.

"eggs and bacon." wilbur responded as he put the food on separate plates. "so is will just your chef and waiter?" brooke asked with a laugh. "yeah, I guess." niki said, laughing as well.

will gave them their plates and they began eating. niki would look up at brooke from time to time, brooke doing the same, though they never caught each others eyes. will just observed them doing so, slightly amused by the tension at the table.

wilbur finally laughed, spitting out his food by accident. "ew, will!" brooke said, bursting out laughing. "i'm sorry, it's just so funny watching you guys look at each other." will said, laughing his ass off.

niki and brooke looked at will, and then at each other before continuing to eat their food quietly. when brooke finished, she went to the sink to clean her plate. "here, let me get that for you." wilbur said politely before taking the plate and cleaning it for her. "oh so he's your maid too?" brooke said, giggling a bit.

-

brooke walked into niki's room, stopping when she realized that niki was streaming. "oh, i'm so sorry!" brooke apologized as she walked to the door, opening it before being stopped by niki.

"it's alright, you can stay!" niki said, motioning for brooke to sit next to her as she pulled a seat beside her. brooke mouthed 'are you sure?' and niki nodded. "I was just doing a q&a, wanna join?" she asked.

"sure!" brooke said as she sat next to niki, watching chat. it was full of a mix of negative and positive comments about brooke. "guys, you know how I feel about negativity in my chat, you will be banned." niki warned them. "okay, ask some questions for me and brooke." niki said, her smile forming back on her face.

brooke, what is your sexuality? (if you're comfy sharing ofc)

a donation read out. niki looked at brooke for a second, obviously curious. though they had know each other for months now, niki never seemed to build up the courage to ask her what her sexual orientation was. she watched eagerly as brooke sat up straight.

"i'm pansexual." brooke answered with a bright smile. niki cheered in her head before speaking. "we've been friends for months and i'm just now hearing about this?" niki said playfully as she bumped into her shoulder. "okay, and you've never told me yours." brooke responded, a smirk on her face.

"i'm bi." niki responded, brooke's face staying still for a second, comprehending it. she thought she was into women, I mean she went in for the kiss as well. she smiled, "noted." she said simply before they continued with the questions.

how many people have you dated?

someone else asked. brooke looked down for a second, thinking. "maybe 5 people?" brooke asked herself. "yeah, 5 people." she confirmed.

"i've only dated 2 people." niki said, looking at brooke. "I haven't dated in a while actually. my last partner was kind of crazy. like literally, crazy." brooke explained, niki becoming very interested.

"what happened? if I may ask." niki asked politely, intrigued by the story. "well, she was always kind of crazy, I just never realized until I tried to leave. she never let me leave the house, she was convinced I was seeing other people. that's why I moved here, to get away from her." brooke told the story.

niki had a surprised expression on her face the whole time. "she really was crazy." niki said in shock. "yeah, she never trusted me or anything." brooke continued.

"i'm sorry that happened, I really am." niki said as she looked at brooke with an apologetic look. "hey, it's not your fault, that was years ago anyway. plus i'm far away from her now." brooke assured niki before they finished the stream and went to sleep.

ooo brooke backstory 👀

don't think i'm telling you this for nothing, just wait 😏

also this is the last chapter for tonight ! I may publish another chapter or two tmrw idk

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter !! :D