Questions

Sokka pov~
Aang and I had agreed to meet the girls at the restaurant since they were still getting ready when we left.

We had arrived at the restaurant and were waiting out front when the girls walked up. We hung up our parkas at the front and then saw what the girls were wearing. Katara was wearing a long light blue dress, and Toph was wearing a short dark green one. The color looked so good against her pale skin.

Snap out of it Sokka. We had walked into the restaurant, Aang and Katara sat in front of me with Toph by my side.

I had started to read the menu out loud to her, she looked surprised when I had remembered that she was blind. As I read the menu, I felt her hold my hand under the table. Like a little way of saying thank you.

"Aang I still can't believe you got us seats here."I said as our food arrived. "Yeah well I wanted to make tonight really special" He said with a smile.

We had finished dinner and Aang had asked Katara to go outback with him. I knew it was happening, I grabbed Toph's hand and lead her just beside the door.

"Sokka what are we doing?" She asked. "Shush just listen"

"Katara, I've spent a lot of time wishing I wasn't stuck on that iceberg for 100 years, but now I know that it was the best thing that could've ever happened to me. Because without it I wouldn't have met you, I wouldn't have fallen in love with your laugh, smile and kind heart. And I wouldn't have known that you were the only person that would truly make me happy, will you marry me?" Aang asked on one knee.

"Yes of course!!!" Said Katara giving him a kiss. Aang had gotten up and put the betrothal necklace on her.

Toph seemed shocked to what she was listening too but I wasn't. This was the whole reason why we came down here in the first place. Aang had asked me if I would help him talk to my dad and get the necklace made.

Toph and I had went back to the table to wait for Aang and Katara to come back.

"It's official!" Said Katara showing us her betrothal necklace. "Aang and I are engaged!"

Every one in the restaurant was coming up to Aang and Katara to congratulate them. Toph and I just enjoyed the free dessert that the restaurant gave us on the house.

"Me and Aang are going to see Gran Gran, I can't wait to tell her." Said Katara grabbing Aang's hand and walking out of the restaurant. "We'll meet you back at the house." Said Aang smiling as they left.

"Well Toph it's just you and me." I said. Finally

On our way out I couldn't help but think how beautiful Toph looked. The way way dark silky dress fit her body, with her eyes glistening under the moonlight as we stepped outside.

"I see you kept the clip" I said smiling. It made me so happy to know that she was wearing the gift I had bought for her. "Yeah thanks Snoozles" She said lightly punching me in the arm.

As we walked back towards the house I heard music coming from the square. A band was playing, and people were dancing.

"May I have this dance?" I asked her in a funny voice. "You shall indeed my good Sir" She replied back in a goofy accent.

We danced along the floor, I like to twirl her seeing her jet black hair sway behind her.

"Sokka what if Aang or Katara saw, or someone else we know? She asked. "Sees what my great dance moves?" I said grinning. "You know what I'm talking about." She said as I twirled her again.

"Oh so you doubt my abilities"

"How good can you be?" She asked laughing

"You'll see" I replied leading her deeper into the dance floor.

That's when I finally dipped her, I saw her face look up at me at that moment I didn't care anymore. I kissed her again, but only for a second before pulling her back up.

"We should be heading back now" She said softly. "Yeah I guess you're right." I grabbed her hand to lead her back to the house. Only as we left she had squeezed it. I squeezed back, a smile crossed her face.

*back at the house about an hour later*

Toph pov~
I finally heard Aang and Katara come back into the house.

"Why don't we play a game to celebrate?" Asked Sokka . "And maybe have a drink or two" He said pulling out a bottle of what I assumed was cactus juice.

"What should we play?" Asked Aang sitting down. "Let's play truth or dare" Said katara clapping her hands together. "All right let's do this." Said Sokka.

"Okay Katara truth or dare?" Asked Sokka. "Truth" Replied Katara "Have you and Aang did it yet?" He asked "What? Of course not, we were waiting for marriage" Said Katara defensively. I couldn't stop laughing

"My turn, Sokka truth or dare? Asked Katara "Truth" Said Sokka confidently.

"Have you ever been in love?" Asked Katara. I couldn't tell if she was up to something or not. "Yeah" Said Sokka. "Who?" Asked Katara eagerly. "Suki of course. We dated for like three years."

"Anyone else?" Ask Katara. "No" He said shortly. My heart dropped I knew he liked me he kissed me for gods sake but don't think he loved me the way I loved him. That's when I reached for a glass of cactus juice and drink the whole thing in almost one sip.

"Toph you all right?" Aang asked. "Just thirsty."

"My turn now, truth or-" I pretty much just zoned out the rest of the evening thinking about what Sokka said.

He admitted to loving Suki. What if he'll never love me the way he did her? My thoughts raced round as I drink more cactus juice, not fully aware of how much I was drinking.

*2 hours later*

Sokka pov~
We had been playing for a while and now we were just talking. Katara and Toph both seemed pretty into the cactus juice. Katara was still over the moon about the proposal.

"I think we should head in for the night." Said Aang helping Katara up. "Hey why don't you sleep in Katara's room with her. You know since you're engaged and all of that." I suggested. "Works for me" Said Aang.

"Where's Toph gonna sleep then?" Asked Katara. "She can stay with me, I'll sleep on the floor. I don't think she should be alone." I said walking her into the bathroom.

"You should probably drink this." I said handing her a glass of water. "No Dad I'm fine."She said. "Toph I'm not your dad it's Sokka." I said " I don't care what you think  daddd, Sokka is my boyfriend and there is nothing you can do about it." She said before hurling in the toilet.

I rushed over to hold her hair back for her. "Sounds good to me." I said as a smile crossed my face.

Man she was so drunk, she thought I was her father. I don't think her small body could withstand that much cactus juice.

I had helped her into bed, and had put a bowl beside her in case she threw up again.

"Can I tell you a secret?" She whispered. "Sure I said, I was curious to hear what she had to say.

"I love Sokka sooo much, but he doesn't love me. At least not the way he loves Suki, or the moon lady. He loves the warrior lady you know."She said in a drunken tone.

"That's not true!" I said defensively. "Sure it is. Sokka told me tonight he doesn't love anybody but the warrior lady." She said laying her head down on the pillow.

If only she knew.

Hey guys hope y'all are enjoying the story, I'll be gone for a bit so another update may take a bit longer than usual, but  I hope y'all have a great day! If you have any comments or ideas I'd love to hear them❤️