[CHAPTER TWO]

"Hey, man, take it easy! Slow down!" Goldberg was yelling practically helplessly as Luis skated to him, full speed ahead.

"Goldberg watch out!"

Eurydice skated forward, "The brakes Luis! The brakes!"

Goldberg was too slow in reaction, the two boys crashed into each other and fell on their faces.

"Thanks for breaking my fall." Luis smiled and skated back to the group with Goldberg smiled while rubbing his head.

"Anytime."

It was clear that the old ducks were a little rusty. Eurydice was being shoved back and forth by players who lost their balance.

She was able to steal the puck away from almost all of them with relative ease.

The ducks only scored one goal so far and it was by a player of the name Adam Banks.

They went on until one player Fulton, decided to shoot his shot, missing, but instead hitting a much better goal.

"It's Fulton! Look out for his shot!"

Dean scoffed , "What a bunch of wusses."

But at that second the puck was aiming right at Dean's head and would have hit him if he did not duck down right on time.

Eurydice skated over to him and snickered before patting his head and skated as fast as she could, away from the easily agitated boy.

"Mr Tibbles!"

The elderly guy who introduced them was hit right on the head with the rock hard puck, causing him to fall down and get knocked out , the woman who entered with him , catching him, breaking his fall.

"Mr Tibbles? Mr Tibbles, can you hear me?"

The players rushed over to check on him, Eurydice skated near Luis , "First practice is a success wouldn't you agree?"

Luis could not help but chuckle at his friend's remark.

Thankfully after a few nudges Mr Tibbles started to stir up again , "Oh uh, I'll have the cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake, please."

The team howled with laughter , the woman Mr Tibbles entered with smiled and nodded , "He will be fine."

The woman then stood up and straightened out her skirt, "Oh, I'm sorry. He didn't have a chance to introduce us."

She gave the team a warm smile, "I'm Michelle MacKay, their tutor."

Eurydice groaned , she went on this trip to hopefully miss a term of school, now she's getting told that she still needs a tutor?

She'll need to do homework?

Brilliant.

Just then the rink door opened to reveal Elton entering the place , with wide smile.

Coach Bombay looked his way, "Sorry kid we're closed for practice."

Eurydice jumped in , "Sorry coach he's my brother, my mother insisted he join me when i go for the competition."

Her face was red with embarrassment. Just the situation she was in made her feel embarrassed.

She was the only one whose parents didn't allow to go herself.

Now her brother shows up in the middle of practice unannounced.

"I just wanna see my sister and her new team practice , kinda boring in Minnesota." Elton said, a smiled forming on his face, knowing the pure embarrassment his sister was feeling.