[CHAPTER THREE]

Mr Tibbles stood in front of giant box , covered with cloth, clearly a surprise for the team.

Most of the team were sitting on one table, Eurydice sitting between Julie and Luis and right across was Dean.

Brilliant.

While the adults and Elton sat on the table beside them with the only team mate on that table being Charlie.

"Ta-da!"

Mr Tibbles pulled the cover off the box to revel the team in team USA jerseys in front of a Wheaties box.

Eurydice and a few others stood up to get a closer look.

She couldn't believe it. Her face was on a cereal box.

"Today, it's a Wheaties box.Tomorrow, it's video games, action figures, lunch boxes.The sky is the limit."

Eurydice's brain had a hard time processing that she could have anything a kid wanted just by playing her favourite sport.

"Now, just to make sure that everybody knows who you are, try on one of these."

Just as things couldn't get any better, Mr Tibbles pulls out custom jerseys with their personal numbers and last names.

The team rushed to the box to find their own.

Eurydice pulled out almost every jersey but just couldn't find hers , she stood back up confused.

"I think this belongs to you."

She turned around to see Dean holding a jersey with her last name on it.

"C'mon and give it Portman."

Eurydice rolled her eyes and gave a dry chuckle as Dean held on to the jersey in his hand , raising it higher to dangle it above Eurydice's head.

"God damn it Portman just give it."

Dean stepped closer to Eurydice , making her step back a little.

Dean smiled and dropped the jersey in her hand, Eurydice leaving him with sarcastic smile.

Luis practically slid down the smooth floor boards to stand beside her with a wide grin,"God the tension between the two of you is suffocating."

Eurydice rolled her eyes and walked away and towards her brother.

"Hey , don't roll your eyes at me young lady."

He brisk walked, catching up to her and wrapped a arm around her shoulder.

Eurydice scoffed and gave a sickly sweet smile, "My deepest apologies dear mother."

When they reach Elton's side , Elton gave his sister a face  that can only be described as the 'what the hell was that' look.

Elton started to hold onto his neck as he gave out at throaty grasp for air. He's eyes rolling to the back of his head.

Eurydice smacked him at the back of his head as Charlie and Bombay started to stare at the boy's antics.

"What was that?" Eurydice questioned with her arms crossed.

"That was me suffocating on the tension between you and the big guy."

Eurydice smacked the back of his head again, "Can the two of you knock it off please?"

Luis gave a half hearted shrug , " Eh as long as you make me your maid of honour at the wedding."