[CHAPTER FIVE]

The team was well rested and ready to face their first opponents , Trinidad Tobago.

"You excited Eurydice?" Julie was snapping pictures of the arena, and showing them to Eurydice.

Julie and Eurydice walked side by side in awe at the scale of the arena.

The rink was larger then any they have ever seen and best of all they would be representing USA on national television.

"I swear I have never been this nervous. What about you Julie?" Eurydice questioned.

Julie just smiled , "I'm not sure if Coach is even going to let me play, he seems pretty set on Goldberg."

~

This marks the first game for Team U.S.A. in this double-elimination... winner-take-all tournament.

Gordon Bombay looks to have his team well in control here.

They lead six to nothing.

Eurydice was one the ice with Charlie by her side.

"Conway gets hold of the puck, he passes it to Johnson she shoots she scores!"

Eurydice threw her arms into the air with the rest of the team that was on the ice ,skating towards her and bringing her into a group hug.

Elton cheering his lungs out while jumping up and down.

"That's my sister! I taught her that!" He cheered while holding up a sign he made , most likely last night.

Eurydice's face heated up at her brother's embarrassing show of support.

But she knew she wouldn't have it any other way.

After only a few minutes on the ice Jesse started to have tension with a Trinidadian player both of them shoving and yelling at each other.

"Jesse , forget about it let's go."

U.S.A. penalty, number nine, Hall. Two minutes, roughing.

With Jesse out, Bombay put both Dean and Fulton in.

"All right, Fulton, let's have some fun!"

"Johnson gets the puck, she passes it to Fulton, he gives it to Portman and he scores!"

Dean wrapped his arm around Eurydice's shoulder and dragged her to the front of the crowd with Fulton.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you very much!"

A bright smile was plastered on Eurydice's face as the three of them cheered with their sticks up in the air.

"Look at those guys! Look at 'em! They're the Bash Brothers!"

~

Team U.S.A. loses the puck at center ice.

Here's Bellafonte across the blue line with a great move.

Walks right down in front. He shoots, he scores!

The Trinidad and Tobago team cheered loudly , music playing from the stands as the crowd cheered and danced.

Eurydice was now on the bench sitting next to Julie who was wearing a rather disappointed expression.

Eurydice scooted closer to the girl , noticing her down face.

"Hey you alright Jules?"

Julie gave Eurydice a small smiled and nodded her head, "I'm alright I just wish Coach would ask me to get on the ice."

Eurydice put her hand on Julie's back , "He will, you are the best goalie I have ever met.Bombay would be an idiot not to let you play."

Julie gave Eurydice a bright smile, and put her attention back on the rink. "Look, Connie has the puck."

Here's Connie Moreau. Moreau stick-handling in the Trinidad zone.

Moreau still with it, moves around a pileup, gives it to Kenny Wu.

Wu, the former figure skater, back behind the net, ducks underneath the check.

Moves around the it. It's a wraparound. He scores!

They won, they really won!

The team skated out of the booth bringing each other into a group hug , over joyed about their first win on a international level.

Ms McKay and Elton entering the booth cheering as well.

"All right, way to go! That wasn't a game, that was a statement!"Bombay gave each member of the team high fives.

He was right. This game proved that U.S.A. wasn't just here to play but here to win.