xxxii. the tailor

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO ─── the tailor 

"𝕬re they coming?" asked Nina, as Kaz, Stasiaj and Malkus appeared back into the main room. The girl was anxiously waiting, practically jumping up and down in her seat.

Inej nodded. "I gave your letter to the guard at the door, and it did the trick. They brought me directly to two members of the Triumvirate."

"Who did you meet with?" Kaz asked, as Stasiaj reclined in the chair once more.

"Genya Safin and Zoya Nazyalensky." That was interesting. Stasiaj knew of both, high ranking Grisha in their own rights and each one powerful in their own ways. 

Wylan sat forward. "The Tailor? She's at the embassy?"

Kaz raised a brow. "What an interesting fact to forget to mention, Nina."

"It wasn't relevant at the time."

"Of course it's relevant!" Wylan said angrily and Stasiaj sighed. There was a feeling of anger in the room and for once it wasn't coming at her, nor directed at Kaz.

Nina winced slightly. "Wylan, I thought you were coming to Ravka. You would have been able to meet Genya as soon as we were on the boat."

"We all know where Nina's loyalties lie," said Kaz.

"I didn't tell the Triumvirate about Kuwei."

A faint smile touched Kaz's lips. "Like I said." He turned to Inej. "Did you state our terms?"

"Yes, they'll be at the hotel baths in an hour. I told them to make sure no one saw them enter."

"Let's hope they can handle it," said Kaz.

"They can run a country," said Nina. "They can manage a few simple instructions."

"You'd be surprised," Stasiaj replied, shrugging her shoulders. "Sometimes people in power forget the littlest detail and it leads to a downfall."

"Is it safe for them on the streets?" asked Wylan.

"They're probably the only Grisha safe in Ketterdam," said Kaz. "Even if the Shu are working up the nerve to start hunting again, they aren't going to start with two highly placed Ravkan dignitaries. Nina, does Genya have the skill to restore Wylan's features?"

"I don't know," said Nina. "She's called the First Tailor, and she's certainly the most gifted, but without parem..." She didn't have to explain. Parem was the only reason Nina had been able to manage Wylan's miraculous transformation into Kuwei. Still, Genya Safin was a legend. Anything might still be possible.