Rewrite

I just had to write after watching Optigami!!

I really feel the ending to this season is going to floor us. I have zero idea of where this season is going, but I know where I'd like it to ... hence this one-short. I hope you enjoy!

••••••••••

"Chat, don't do this. This isn't you!"

"Isn't me? How would you know? You traded me in, Bug. You didn't trust me so now here we are."

Adrien's voice was like venom hitting Marinette, lethal and slowly poisoning her. How did they get here?

"Please Chat Noir, we can work this out."

"Chat Noir was weak. He let you push him to one side like nothing but a cheap side kick. I control my own future now and as Chat Blanc and I will help Shadowmoth defeat you. You took away the one good thing I had. You made me feel second best. You and me against the world, you said! Funny how things changed when she came along."

Adrien walked over to an untransformed Alya, battered and beaten, laying on the floor.

"Please, don't hurt her." The tears ran freely from Marinette's eyes. This was wrong, everything here was wrong. The fear coursed through her veins as she watched her once loyal partner stalk towards her best friend. She'd made a mistake. A big, fat mistake. This one didn't just affect her though, it affected everyone. If only she could turn back time?

"I never meant to hurt you, Kitty. This is not what I wanted. I just needed some help, I was weak."

"Not what you wanted? Please, you think this is what I wanted? I loved you! I wanted to help you, I tried to get you to talk to me but it was never enough. I never wanted to fight you, but unfortunately it seems this is the only way. Cataclysm."

Adrien shouted out for his destructive power and moved towards Alya, hand bubbling with the ferocious power to destroy. He never thought he'd turn on his friends, but there was a lot more at stake now. His father would love him for getting her earrings, he could then pass on the ring and get his mother back. Someone who loved him unconditionally and would remain loyal.

A life for a life. If he made the wish, perhaps they'd take Ladybug in place of his mother. His mother who loved him back, not the liar standing in front of him.

For years she said they were a team, well it's funny how much of a team she really thought they were when it came down to it. He placed his hand over Rena Rouge, over Alya. If she'd only told him instead. If only she'd not been stupid enough to give a permanent Miraculous to an unmasked hero.

"Last chance Bugaboo. Your Miraculous, or a final farewell to the Ladyblogger."

Without second thought Marinette reached up to her ears and began to remove the special item which had brought so much destruction to her life. Funny, she was meant to be the Goddess of creation. So many bad choices had been made these past few months, and it didn't matter how often she told him, he'd never believe she was sorry. She truly was. He meant everything to her.

"Just take them, but know Chaton I never meant to hurt you. I love you."

A pink glow trailed up her body as Tikki no longer held a connection to her body. She saw the shock in Chat's face. It was slight and short, but it was there, he hadn't expected this.