All I Want for Christmas is You

Adrien watched as Marinette entered onto 'The Liberty' and made her way straight to Luka. He couldn't help eyeing her over and feeling his heart speed up as he noticed what she was wearing. They'd known each other's identities for over a year now and it was becoming increasingly difficult to hold himself back, especially when she looked this good. He still loved her, even more when he found out he'd given his heart and devotion to none other than his close friend Marinette. She was everything he ever wanted, and everything he'd ever needed.

She looked gorgeous tonight, as usual. Her short skater dress was a blush pink complete with black tights and stiletto boots, and all he could think about was how it would feel to allow his hands to wander over the soft looking material and maybe more.

After the defeat of his father the previous year the whole team were privy to the information of who was wearing which Miraculous. With Adrien and Marinette being the only permanent holders they'd discussed with the others how their time might now be over as part of the team, but they'd always be grateful for their commitment and effort.

Adrien placed his beer bottle to his lips as he took a swig down, his eyes never straying away from Marinette for more than a couple of seconds at a time. He still might be a couple of months from turning eighteen but he knew this beer in his hand was going to be the only way he was getting through this evening. Not only had the Miraculous team decided to have one last celebration together, but they had decided to make it a 'works Christmas party'. He wanted to throw himself off a cliff.

"You need to stop staring, dude. It's getting creepy!" Nino placed a hand on his teammate's shoulder and attempted to guide his attention back to himself and their previous conversation.

"I'm not staring." He stated in his lame defense.

"Not staring? Please! It's like you have a tracker on her."

Adrien took another gulp of his drink, eyes not moving from their target and to be honest it was slightly on the weird side but he couldn't help it, when she was near his whole heart and soul craved for her attention, his whole being did.

"Go and talk to her," Nino gave him a slight push in her direction but it didn't even move him in the slightest. He could be stubborn when he wanted.

He watched Luka and Marinette talk in easy conversation, something he lacked when it was Adrien and Marinette. It was strange because as soon as the mask came on she would talk about anything, it seemed the issue was with Adrien, not Chat Noir. She was laughing and he wished he was the one causing that delightful reaction. Her face lit up as she covered her mouth with one hand, Luka laughing alongside her and placing a hand on her shoulder.

His heart dropped. How could he compete with Luka? They had chemistry and history, and all he had was hundreds of failed attempts and stalkerish tendencies, his current glare was evidence of his weird behaviour. She didn't want someone like him, it wasn't good for her.

Marinette continued to laugh as Luka turned his head to the side, catching Adrien's eye. They looked at each other for a few seconds before Luka turned back, looking as though he was about to say something to Marinette when Rose came dancing over to them holding an object n her hand. The sight of it took Adrien's breath away.

Mistletoe.

The green stems and leaves were edged with white balls, and for the first time ever something beautiful made him feel sick.

He couldn't blame either Luka or Marinette for what happened next, they were trapped, but that didn't mean it hurt any less. As Rose held the mistletoe up in the air she muttered something to the ex-couple. Adrien watched Marinette's cheeks glow pink and Luka look, for all fairness on his part, uncomfortable.