Perfect

Make sure you read to the end ... you'll understand why.

He watched as she danced with another, a smile plastered over her beautifully made up face and he couldn't hold the tears gathering in his eyes. She looked beautiful, the most perfect bride.

Her dress was wonderfully white, a lace top with long sleeves, flowing down into a large full circle dress. Adrien couldn't help the way his heart fluttered watching her as she spun around in circles, she looked so content and happy, and he couldn't keep his eyes from her, letting the gathered moisture release and trail down his face. She placed her lips to the males cheek, only to be pulled into a tight hug and his heart clenched. The perfect moment for her.

He'd fallen in love the second day he'd met her. Contrary to what people believed, it wasn't love at first sight. It was love that came from working so closely with someone and watching them grow and shine from that first day of insecurity to the fierce leader who stood up for good, and for what was right. He knew that second day he would follow her wherever she dragged him. She was the leader.

He looked around the room at many of their teammates as they also watched the dance currently taking place in the middle of the room. He could see the look of devotion in their eyes knowing that similar to himself they would follow her to the moon and back, and a sudden surge of pride shot through him. He'd helped her become their champion, they're Guardian.

When she was younger, she was so sweet and beautiful, he wished he'd figured it all out sooner. He wished he'd known he was the one she was waiting for, he wished he'd made that first move properly instead of getting into a tangle of webs, and of secrets which didn't need to be hidden. She was his perfect girl.

Not many people could say they'd fell in love as teens. Yes, some of his friends had ended up with their childhood sweetheart, their class more than others thanks to the power of the yin and yang, but what he'd felt, what he'd had was in fact true love. A love which was both painful and perfect. He knew he pushed his luck time and time again, leaving her to battle alone, allowing his selfish attitude to lead the way instead of standing back and looking at the bigger picture. They'd finally got past that rocky patch in their relationship and came out stronger than ever.

He'd remember when he'd sit at home and look at the pictures of them kissing, it seemed like a dream he would never remember and that hurt painfully. She owned his heart, his soul ... and there was no one else he could see this connection with. Another tear cascaded down his cheek. They had the perfect partnership.

His feet wanted to move out onto the dance floor and sweep her into his arms, but he knew he couldn't, this was their moment. A moment of true, pure love. He had no right to interrupt, but he just couldn't help but long to have her in his arms. He knew he would get his chance soon. She'd save at least one dance purely for him as she made her rounds around the room. There were a lot of people here, a lot of people to dance with. Dancing was kind of their thing though. They even had their own song, one where he could hold her tight to him. He remembered a couple of weeks after they'd revealed and finally grew a little more comfortable with each, they'd gone to the park so she could draw and he just lay beside her looking at the clouds and labelling them. Dog, cat, hockey stick, tree ... she'd placed her phone down and turned on Jagged Stones new album, pulling him to stand and dancing barefoot in the grass. It had quickly become his favourite song, only beaten by one other song ... their song. They'd ended up chasing each other around the park, only for him to trip and pin her underneath him. She whispered an apology, telling him she looked a mess. She didn't though. She looked perfect.

As they grew older, the relationship changed drastically. She became more powerful, he became stronger and together they fought villain after villain after villian. Travelling the globe and trying to keep the world safe. After Shadowmoth's defeat, other villains began to come out the woodwork, and, as a Guardian, she had to travel and train holders in different continents, those who held different Miraculous. But he wasn't going to let her go alone, after all he'd follow her wherever she went. He worked to provide for both of them so she could concentrate on training new holders, and figuring out the Miraculous and their counterparts. Many nights they'd sit and talk about the future, comparing what they wanted and laughing at their childish dreams from yonder years ago. They'd found out so much about each other, secrets became well known facts and both were forthcoming with their desires for a future - if they were ever able to separate from their duties and have one. The perfect life.