Start of Something New [Luka x Chloé]

Chloé Bourgeois was a horrible teen and she would be first to admit that. She was rude, obnoxious, mean and entitled. She had everything she ever needed, and almost everything she wanted; Adrien being the only 'thing' that she'd never managed to snag.

When Hawkmoth was finally taken down, the rest of Paris' elite folded like a hand of cards. It seemed the designer wasn't working alone and that both her mother and her father were part of the overall corrupt gang. So here she was. Three years later and a hell of a lot of therapy but she was better, a lot better.

Chloé had quickly made amends with those from her past, using her late teenage years to make it up to Marinette, Adrien and Sabrina. She'd changed, and with the help of those three specifically she had overcome the bitterness of her childhood, breaking down those protective walls she hid behind and falling ... falling so hard she never thought she'd ever get back up. But she did. She was here, and she was happy. Well almost.

Zoé Lee, Chloé's half sister, had moved back to New York and with Chloé's renewed friendship to Marinette she had been accepted back as Queen Bee, not only that but she was now a permanent Miraculous holder privy to all the ins and outs of the Miraculous, and the identities of the core five. The day she'd received Pollen from Adrien and Marinette she sobbed. She cried like a baby. It had been proof of her hard work, of everything she'd tried to change and how she'd succeeded, she owed so, so much to Paris' power couple, they had stuck by her and believed in her from day one.

Pollen wasn't the only thing Chloé had shared with Zoé though, her boyfriend (sorry exboyfriend) was another 'item' that the girls had shared. It seemed he'd been playing both girls extremely well, neither knowing about the other until Chloé had caught them together at the cinema. Whereas in the past she would have blamed Zoé and made sure the girl was punished for such infidelity, it actually strengthened the girl's bond. Both kicking the guy to the curb and forming a new and improved sisterly bond. It also helped that Zoé had moved halfway across the world.

Chloé sighed and walked down the Avenue des Champs-Élysées, hands full of bags after a marathon shopping session. She may have changed over the past years but shopping was still her defence mechanism. The sun was shining, her sunglasses were placed over her eyes and she was content. She had good friends, a good job, a new yellow dress ... What more could she want?

And then she saw him.

Halting in her tracks she looked at the blue tipped hair of Luka Couffaine. She hadn't seen him in years, not since he left for some big shot music university out of Paris. He was still tall, dark and ... cute, utterly cute. He was on the phone and she didn't know whether to head on over and say 'hi' or carry on walking. If she went over and he was on the phone for a while she'd look like an idiot standing around waiting, but if she carried on walking he might think she was rude for not saying 'hello'. The internal argument continued in her head as she turned to walk away, before turning back to face him, then turning to cross over the road and then turning to the nearest shop.

"Are you okay? You look lost?" His smooth voice sounded behind her, floating over the mumbles of the crowds passing her.

She swallowed down the lump in her throat and closed her eyes, quickly inhaling and exhaling before she turned sharply and looked into Luka's bright blue eyes. Oh God.

"Luka, hi!" She breathed out. She felt her walls beginning to build again, a sure sign she was feeling vulnerable. She attempted to cross her arms over her chest only to be obstructed by the sheer volume of bags. Well, this was awkward.

He smiled at her, tilting his head to the side. "It's good to see you again, Adrien and Marinette mention you a lot."

"Oh, they do, do they?" Her voice came out defensive, a sign she was losing control and falling back. She cursed herself. She'd spent thousands of euros on therapy, she couldn't let a cutie like Luka suddenly wipe away all of that doing.