The End of Ladybug and Chat Noir: Part 2

"It's okay, Maman ... yes I'm eating normal ... no I haven't taken anything questionable ... yes I've met my roommates ... Listen Maman, seriously, I'm fine." Adrien continued to walk from his dorm room to the supermarket just on the corner of the university block, his mother fretting as always on the phone.

He may have been homeschooled until this year, but he was pretty sure he could take care of himself. He'd been fencing and studying martial arts for years, he wasn't someone to be messed with.

"Maman, I'm just arriving at the store. I'll message you later, and yes I'll be home for dinner on Saturday night." Adrien smiled as his mother told him to try and find a nice girl to bring home. Ending the call he placed his phone into his pocket and headed into the store, list in hand, bags and umbrella in hand, and the smell of new found freedom in his midst. It was a beautiful September day.

Marinette had put all of her belongings away through a round of newly shed tears. She was excited to start at university, after all, joining ESMOD had been her dream since she started knitting at the tender age of five. She was the self named knitting fairy and she loved to design, but unfortunately her boyfriend ... sorry ... ex boyfriend, didn't enjoy her designing as much as she did, throwing a hissy fit when he found out she was going to university.

They'd broken up three weeks ago, he wasn't willing to be in a long distance relationship (he was twenty minutes away in an Uber) and he made a point to explain it wasn't her it was him. Which to be fair was true? He was the one enjoying dates with other women as Marinette sat at home waiting for his calls and messages.

She moved to her bathroom and deposited her toiletries into their new homes, before heading to the kitchen. There wasn't anything already in the cupboards so she pulled up her notes app and began to list all the different items she'd need; from toilet rolls to milk, and not forgetting some sweet snacks in between.

Grabbing her keys and jacket, she exited out the building, making her way down to the street. She knew there was a supermarket close by, pulling out her phone again she looked at the directions to the closest one. She just needed to turn to her left and walk a little way. That should be fine.

Adrien looked at his list, happy with the progress he was making. He was proud of himself. Out in the real world, doing real world things. Yes, he was wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses but safety was key, and if he didn't do this he was sure he'd be walking around with a six foot, eighteen stone bodyguard on his tail. He wanted a chance to be normal, and he was grateful for the opportunity.

He made his way around the shop, basket in crook of his elbow, and began to place stuff in there. He tried to keep on the diet he'd been eating since his early teenage years, but, as long as he promised to go to the gym every now and then i.e. At least once a day, he was allowed treats. The excitement was overwhelming, and as he stood in the sweet treat aisle, only one thing came to mind. Which would he like to try first?

He looked at the wonderful coloured packaging and could feel his mouth filling with saliva. This was a truly wonderful day. Adrien placed a finger and thumb to cup his chin as he studied the array of M&M's. There were four different kinds and he was tempted to just take a packet of each, but that would be greedy wouldn't it.

Adrien stretched a hand forward to grab a yellow pack, containing nuts, before pulling his hand away and reaching for the brown. He stopped again and headed towards the blue ... nope, this was far too hard. A soft giggle sounded beside him followed by words from an angelic voice.

"You know, if it's that hard a choice you could just take them all."

He turned his head and noticed a short girl beside him, she had dark black hair which reflected the overhead lights and she seemed like she knew what she was talking about. She began to select and stuff many different kinds of treats into her basket, and a small smile approached his face.