Alone [Senti!Kagami/Luka]

It had been two weeks. Two weeks had passed since Kagami's world had been torn apart and her life had become nothing more than a lie. She sat on the bench of the school gymnasium and wondered why she was even there. She had a choice now, if she didn't want to be here she didn't have to. She didn't have to be anywhere she didn't want to go. She no longer had to be the perfect student, have the perfect hair, or the perfect boyfriend ... She was free to be herself.

She looked at the ring placed on her finger and twisted the silver metal as it glistened and sparkled in the sunlight beaming down from the window. She was alone at the moment, nobody else was here. Alone. She was always alone.

Standing up she walked over to her bag which she'd discarded to the side when she entered the locker room, anger over powering her motives causing her to launch the bag into the corner. No one was here to see it though. Nobody ever was.

Picking up the bag, Kagami made her way back to the bench and began to rummage through it, looking for one specific item. Finding the dark glasses in question, she picked them up and studied them. Oh how she wanted to break the stupid things. How she wanted to destroy them exactly as her mother had done to her life, how Tomoe had used her own greed to put Kagami in this position. She squeezed them hard in her hand before stopping herself. That would be the easy way out, the easy way to stop her from feeling these terrible, awful things.

She placed the glasses back into her bag and reached for her phone instead hoping she'd gotten a message from Adrien. It had been a week or so since she last heard from him, since she'd last heard from most people. Perhaps they saw her as a monster now, as someone they don't want to be around or near, after all that's what she was wasn't she? A monster?

She knew her friend had got it worse than she had, after all, it was his parents that had started this whole mess to begin with. Without Gabriel's need for complete control and power they would all still be going about their day to day lives like nothing was different, like they weren't made of nothing more than a feather.

1 new message: Marinette

Kagami sighed, of course it was Marinette, who else would message her? The girl was non stop since the news came out, and as much as she loved her friend, sometimes Marinette's overactive positivity grated her down. There was only so much she could take from the raven haired girl asking her questions about it all.

Where's your feather?

Do you feel any different when you're wearing your maman's glasses to when you're not?

Does taking your ring off change anything?

Why the girl was so inquisitive, she didn't know? And to be honest she couldn't be bothered to find out. So what if she'd been an amazing support to Adrien? Who cares that she'd been spending time with Chloè, regardless of their less than friendly relationship? Who cares, who cares, who cares?

Without realising Kagami had made her way over to a locker and started to beat her fists against it before everything got too much. She slammed her fist one last time before allowing the tears to fall. She never cried. Her maman always told her she couldn't, so she wouldn't, but it looks like now she was free to let them fall. Free to cry as much as she wanted too.

She pulled her knees into her chest and let every emotion out. She cried and cried and cried, until she couldn't cry any more. Nobody ever came to check up on her, nobody cared. They all had their 'other halves' to help them, whilst she had nothing.

Burying her head in her knees she closed her eyes, maybe she should just break the sunglasses. Wouldn't everything be a lot easier that way?

"No," a voice sounded around the locker room and she realised she'd spoken out loud. She wasn't quite sure of the voice, but something in her longed for it to speak again. It settled her soul. Calmed her down.