Dear Darlings

Inspired by Yannafanarts orphan au on Instagram.

Thank you for sharing such wonderful art and a very creative and interesting au. I hope you enjoy.
#letterfortheagrestes
•••••

Dear Darlings,

Do you believe in fairytales? That good can conquer evil? That the Prince and Princess can run into the sunset together in love and happy?

Do you believe that your life is controlled by fate and destiny? That no matter what you do, your life is controlled by a greater entity and things will happen no matter what?

Do you believe that there is a reason for everything and that everything has a reason?

Well you should because fairytales do exist, Fate can be wonderful and reasons can be the answers to all the questions you hold.

It was destiny that brought myself and your father together. We were like two magnets; one north and one south, pulling the other in only to connect perfectly. Our life was perfect. Our life was a fairytale, and you three were part of it.

If you are receiving this letter then it means we are close. We are close to the end of the hardest battle of our lives. We have lost many that we loved, we have lost close friends and family, but my heart still beats because we haven't lost you.

You are being split up into separate homes tomorrow and scattered across the globe. I know this is not what you want, and I know you will hate us for it, but it'll be easier for us to beg forgiveness when this is over, than ask for your permission now.

Louis our special rainbow baby. You were the sunshine after the storms, a light in the darkness when myself and your father thought we'd be childless for the rest of our lives. Your father doted on you from the day you were born. His special little man, his partner in crime and his world. You made him a father after his own had been a let down. His heartaches thinking that you will feel the same way about him as he did his own. I beg you to forgive him. Hate me, for it is my fault he is not here with you now, but please do not hate him. He doesn't deserve it. He is kind and caring, just like you, and he loves you big boy, he loves you so much.

You are the oldest, and we expect you to be setting an example for both Emma and Hugo. You will encourage them, comfort them and guide them along the way just as we did you. Pun to your hearts content. Laugh. Live and, most of all, love. Love the way your father does. Love with all your heart.

Emma, our darling daughter. My mini me, your daddy's little Princess. That skill you have, the one your father and I groaned about so much? Use it! Create elaborate escape routes, create chaos, but most of all create a happy and wonderful life. We love you dearly, and we promise, if we see you again no one will stop that dream of yours. We promise that Walt Disney World won't know what's hit them when the Agreste family turn up in their Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse ears perched on their heads. Your father has already been talking about the perfect family tees, regardless of your age we will be embarrassing you, but in the best possible way. We love you so much, our sweetheart, please don't forget that.

And finally Hugo. Our wonderful accident. Did you know I was told after Emma there was no chance of having anymore children? That I had damage from an accident at work that was so severe I almost lost my ability to walk? Did you know that my dream was to have you, little Hugo? Did you know myself and your father cried inconsolably for hours after we knew you were coming and that you were safe in my belly?

You were the most perfect cherry on the top of our ice cream. You completed our family and made it whole. Unfortunately, I was never at my best with you, my dear son, and I will live forever regretting the illness that took over my brain stopping me from enjoying the short time I had with you, and for that illness to become a weakness which exposed us to our enemies. To the reason we are separate today.

I blame myself.

I blame the pressure of the world.

I blame the pressure of our job.

But most of all, I blame those searching for more than any human should have. Those who are greedy. Those who are selfish and unkind. Those who do not have the love we have; the family, and the friends, along with the hope of the people.

I will fight for you all my darlings. We will fight for you all, and I hope one day we will return home and tell you our love story. Of the love, hope and adventures myself and your father embarked on. It's somewhat unique, and, as long as we return to you, it will be perfect.

Along with this letter you should have received a package. Inside are three items of jewellery from our fallen friends.

Louis - please take the bracelet and wear it with pride for your uncle. It will protect you from any harm and shelter you from evil.

Emma - the choker. It was from a fierce friend of ours. She was wonderful and strong, just like you. The elements will always be in your favour.

Hugo - the headband belonged to one of the funniest men we had ever met. He was competitive and loyal, and the second craziest guy we've ever met, the first being your father of course.

Our fairytale is finally coming towards the long awaited climax, and, maybe just maybe, after five years we will finally be able to end the book and start a new story, together and as one.

This is the chapter will be difficult. It will unveil who wins. Good or evil, but I promise you one thing, my darlings, we are doing everything in our power to come home, to be with you once more.

You are our world, our pride and our joy.

We love you, our darlings, and never forget that.

Us against the world, as always.

Mommy Bug and Daddy Cat