Just a Cuff of Love

ADRIEN

Adrien settled into the cafe's booth and picked up a menu. It had been another date gone wrong. He'd met the lovely Marissa during his latest photoshoot and asked her out, his fourth date this month, only for it to be another dead end. He knew why they were dead ends but he refused to admit it. There was no chance in hell that he was going to admit out loud the reason why he couldn't get into a relationship.

He looked through the cafe's menu and went with a safe option, black coffee, two sugars, and then pulled out his phone. Perhaps he should do what Nino said and get onto Tinder. He was rapidly going through the women he knew and also causing himself a label of womaniser. He wasn't a womaniser at all though. He just knew what he wanted and the women he dated were not them.

A notification came through that Nino was on his way. Adrien had to call his best friend after running out of his last date's house, one shoe on and coat in arms. As soon as she tried to kiss him, he was off ... out like a shot. He didn't kiss on first dates, or second, or third or fourth as a matter of fact. Adrien Agreste was a 'no kiss' zone, which you wouldn't believe if you read all the 'kiss and tell' stories about him in the tabloids. His lips would be peeling off if he kissed as often as they'd said.

He pulled up his social media account to find himself tagged in a post. Another post where the woman had implied it was more than a first date. He quickly untagged himself and prayed none of his friends had seen it, one friend in particular.

"You know, it would be simpler if you just didn't date." Plagg's voice ran through Adrien's head again. He knew his little buddy was right, however his father was beginning to think Adrien had serious issues. A twenty year old who had never had a serious relationship, there must be something wrong obviously. It's not like Adrien was carrying an eternal flame for someone so out of his league he'd been benched for the rest of eternity. They just weren't her.

As if by magic, Adrien's phone lit up with a face of sheer sunshine.

There she was the one girl that could send his stomach into turmoil just from something as simple as a phone call, but the strange thing was Marinette never called him.

He looked down at the screen and blinked. Her face was most certainly there. The most beautiful face in the world pouting back at him. Suddenly, his screen turned to black and he cursed himself. Fumbling around to turn his phone back on he pulled up his favourite's list and hit her name.

Calling M'Lady

He tapped one finger on the table impatiently as he waited for her to answer his call. It was ringing through which was always a good sign.

"Adrien? Is Nino with you?" Her voice came out hurriedly, no greetings or 'how do you do's, just straight to the point.

"He's just on his way, why?"

"I need you to ask him to come to my apartment."

"O-kay." Adrien's eyebrows creased, why Nino? Why not him?

"It's kind of ... urgent." She continued.

He wanted to ask why when another thought crossed his mind. He spit the words out to what he was thinking, he knew he sounded pathetic and childish but at this moment he didn't care.

"How did you know Nino was with me?" He said.

"I rang Alya first, but she was at work so Nino was my second point of call." Ouch! That hurt more than he thought it would. He could understand Alya, they were bff's but Nino before him? That one truly stabbed him in the heart.

"Nothing I can help you with then?"

"Well, you were on a date so I didn't want to interfere." And there it was the reason he was number three on her list now. Adrien Agreste the serial dater.