Always [Luka POV S4]

'This Romeo is bleeding, but you can't see his blood

It's nothing but some feelings that this old dog kicked up'

Luka walked away with his head down, this was the end, the end of the first relationship he'd had in his sixteen years of life and he knew he still loved her and that he would continue too. How could he not? She was perfect.He knew with every bone in his body that they could be good together, that there could be a future, but she was the one to end it. Fighting it would only be a continuing action to torture himself.

She'd called him 'Adrien' multiple times.

She still kept his pictures in her room.

She was hiding the truth from him, but that still didn't stop him from wanting to be with her.

His heart was torn to shreds. The pain was one he'd never experienced before, and one he would hate to rehash. The severe sense of someone stabbing him in the heart and twisting the knife embedding it deeper and deeper, making sure he felt every last inch.

He needed to control himself, he couldn't get akumatized again today, that wouldn't be fair on Ladybug and Chat Noir. He'd already caused them one problem for the day.

He was stupid to believe she could be with him fully when obviously Adrien was still holding a large chuck of her heart, but somehow thought he held a bigger part himself. Whatever it was that Adrien held over her was more than a first love, and he knew until that passed she wouldn't let him go.

But it would pass, he was sure. It was only a first love after all.

After she'd arrived home from New York, something was different with her, and although she seemed to be busy all the time she agreed to try and date him. To try something. So they had started 'seeing' each other. Nothing was official but he was hoping they could be eventually. They'd been on five dates when it ended. He saw it coming yet ignored the signs in the hope she would stay with him.

He selfishly told her he'd be waiting for her, but what was he waiting for? She didn't want to be with him. She made it clear it couldn't work, shewanted to break up and she was hiding. She didn't want him to know, that was obvious and could he actually be with someone who couldn't trust him?

So maybe, just maybe, Marinette didn't love him the same way back.

'It's been raining since you left me. Now I'm drowning in the flood

You see, I've always been a fighter but without you, I give up.'

The next weeks were excruciating.

It was obvious she was avoiding him at all costs. He hadn't messaged her, he had to hold back. He wanted to tell her he loved her, that he was hers if she wanted him, but he stopped himself. It wouldn't be far to put her in the position where he knew she would find it hard to deny him, plus he wanted her friendship. He craved it.

At first he thought she was as depressed about the break up as he was. His sister and Rose had mentioned she wasn't hanging out with them anymore. She was temperamental and touchy, and snapped at everyone.

Juleka had told him she didn't look well, like she wasn't sleeping, that she wasn't looking out for herself as much as before. Though her appearance hadn't changed, her demeanour had.

He wanted to see her, to let her know he was there ... still waiting. He couldn't move on, he wouldn't move on, not yet. This was just a blip, an obvious blip where she was scared to let go of Adrien and move on without him.