10

TW: Discussions of abuse, violence

Disclaimer: The song Haven will be playin on the piano is "Pern" by Yann Tiersen but for the sake of the story, the song was written by Haven.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven's POV:

I had to just go and open my mouth, didn't I?

Peter seems to have beaten the brain cells out of my head. For fucks sake, what made me think that this was gonna end well. What did I think was gonna come from this, Harry is my boss and right now I'm just being a burden.

Shock is clearly written in my eyes as I scramble to find the words to cover the massive fuck up that has just came out of my mouth.

"I- you know-I was just- I didn't actually mean- Goodnight Harry." I ramble on, looking down and fluffing the blanket on my lap. I'm pretty sure he didn't understand a single thing I just said.

I lift my gaze to surprisingly see Harry walking back into the room smirking. He makes his way toward the bed and my heart rate picks up.

There's no way he's actually going to stay with me.

As he pulls back his black comforter he breaks the silence, "Haven, of course, I'll stay with you. I'll stay for as long as you need." he looks to me as he situates himself underneath the blanket, pulling it to his waist.

He wears only grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt. He looks at me before asking, "I usually sleep without a shirt. . .do you mind?" he nods his head towards his shirt asking for permission.

I'm momentarily stunned by his request. I swallow down my nerves before answering, "Yeah, sure, it's your house, after all, do whatever you want." I tell him shaking my head.

"Are you sure, I don't want to make you uncomfortable after everything today? I can keep it on." he makes sure and my heart beats against my chest at the reminder. For a moment I forgot about tonight. He made me forget about tonight.

My eyes soften looking at him as I notice the apprehensive look he has as his fingers grasp the bottom of his hem.

I nod at him with a sheepish smile, silently telling him I'm fine. "I'm not afraid of you Harry, do what makes you comfortable," I tell him.

He nods his head back in return as he pulls the shirt over his head from the back of his collar. I watch as his muscles strain at the motion.

I sit there as he settles in and I fucking hate to admit it but this is fucking awkward. I can literally feel it dripping off of us.

I sheepishly bring the toast up to my lips taking a bite out of it, subconsciously thanking Harry for thinking about food because I certainly would have forgotten.

Chewing my bite, I lift the other slice of toast, extending my arm out to offer it to him. He looks at the toast then back at me, "I know I'm not the only one that's hungry, go ahead." I tell him, assuring him that I'm fine with just one.

"Thank you," he says back, taking the toast from my hands as his fingers brush against mine from the small actions. Goosebumps arise on my skin as I wipe my finger against themselves over the plate to get rid of the extra crumbs.

I hear him take a bite, hearing him chew and swallow his food before he opens his mouth, breaking the silence. "Sunny?" The single words obtained my full attention. I turn my head to look at him. "Yeah?" I ask, my brows furrowed not quite sure where this is going.