Chapter One

♧︎︎︎ JAYPEE ♧︎︎︎

"I'm sorry." I muttered and fisted my hand. "I promised Harley that I would protect you, but look where you are now." I added

I heard a sigh and later on, I felt an arm wrapped around my waist, I sighed and put my right arm on her shoulder.

"Please don't beat yourself Jaypee...." She whispered.

"Says the one who keeps herself locked in her room." I retorted.

"At least I am not drowning myself in alcohol." Harley said and that made me smirk.

"I can't help it okay, kung sana mas naging malakas lang ako kung sana--"

"Death is a part of the game of human lives Jaypee, hindi mo masasabi kung sino ang dapat mabuhay or hindi." Pagputol naman ni Gemma sa sasabihin ko nang tumabi ito sa amin ni Harley.

Naglapag din naman ito ng bulaklak at tinitigan din ang litrato ng binata bago ibinaling ang tingin sa akin. "But I'm also sorry, I didn't get there on time." She added.

"It's okay, you still saved us from the enemies." I said and offered her a small smile.

Tahimik naman na humiwalay sa akin si Harley at nanatiling nakatingin sa litrato ni Jack.

"How are you?" Gemma asked nang mapansin ang pagkatulala nito sa larawan ng binata.

"Sometimes my body just felt numb...but the therapist in our department is a great help" She said and let out a sigh. "Since nandito ka na rin naman, I would like to tell you something." She added.

"Yeah sure, what is it?" Gemma asked.

And now I realized, I just found myself standing in between two strong women of our team.

Great.

"I am not doing any field missions anymore." Napahinto naman ako sa sinabi ni Harley at pareho naman kaming napalingon sa kanya. "Let his mission be my last mission." She added

"Harley--"

"I understand." Gemma said. "But...may I ask what is the reason?" She asked.

"I think it is my time to retire on my field missions, after what happened and Lyka advised me to stop also because of you know...what happened to the past." Harley explained.

She's pertaining to the bullet that she caught for me.

I clenched my jaw and tried to stop myself from punching the nearby tree because of anger.

I don't care if Icarus already died, he still left a huge effect on Harley.

"Very well..." Gemma said and removed her sunglasses then started to type on her phone. "I gotta go, I need to do something...condolences Harley." She said at saka niyakap ang dalaga then she pat me on my shoulder before she left.

"Something is off about her." Harley commented.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Does she always wear white contact lenses?" She asked as we both stared at the retreating figure of Gemma.

♧︎︎︎・・・・・・♧︎︎︎

Someone cleared her throat behind me and when I turned my swivel chair, I saw Gemma.