Chapter Twenty-Six

Salamat sa paghihintay! 😊

♧︎︎︎・・・・・・♧︎︎︎

Gemma entered inside the break room and then paced back and forth, she took a deep breath and flipped the table in that room.

Then, she picked up the chair that she saw and throw it against the wall.

Sunod naman ay lumapit ito sa glass window na nandoon at pinagsusuntok iyon.

She's angry.

No, scratch that, she is furious.

"Hey, hey!" Syrel said and pulled Gemma away from the glass window.

He was shocked that she managed to put a crack in that glass.

"Hey, Gemma, look at me." Syrel said and cupped her face using his hands. "Take a deep breath for me, okay?" He instructed and surprisingly, she followed him.

Gemma calmed herself down before speaking. "I'm sorry you have to see me in that state. You can remove your hand now." She said.

"Oh." Syrel said and removed his hands from her face. "Are you okay now?" He asked.

"Yup...it's just...hindi ko napigilan yung galit ko." Gemma explained.

"It's okay Gems, you are still grieving."

"That's the thing Sy, I don't have a right to grief for them because in the first place. I was the reason why they were in that van." She argued.

"You have every right to grief Gemma but don't you fucking blame yourself for the things that you didn't do." Syrel scolded.

The door opened again and it was Zaim. The two can tell that he is angry.

"Sir--"

"You let out Jaypee from his cell without my permission Dimaano." Zaim cut him off.

Gemma sighed and stepped forward. "I will take full responsibility for what I did Sir." She stated.

"You should be." Zaim acknowledged then he sighed. "But Chantria's accusation that you are a part of The Empire still bugs me out." He said.

"I swear on my badge and my title that I am not a part of that organization Sir." Gemma answered.

"That's still not enough." Zaim stated. "For now I will have you under surveillance, you can't leave the HQ without them and I will be banning you from taking field missions." He declared.

"I understand Sir." She said.

Zaim didn't answer, instead, he turned his back and exited that room.

"He's mad."

"I'm sure he is." Gemma agreed and looked around. "He didn't even acknowledge the damage that I did here." She added.

The door opened again and Zaim's head popped out. "Pay for this mess." He said before he close the door again.

Gemma pursed her lips. "I spoke too soon." She mumbled.

♧︎︎︎・・・・・・♧︎︎︎

The door of the cellar where Jaypee was currently in opened, his forehead furrowed when he saw Gemma.

"What are you--"

"Look, there's no time to talk." Gemma cut him off as she removed the handcuffs from his wrist. "You need to go." She instructed.