Chapter Twenty-Three

Hestia scanned the contents of the tattered journal of his father, she's been reading for about an hour and so far, she still doesn't find anything useful.

Aside from names that her father mentioned and she has no idea who are those people.

"Hey there young woman, what's up?" Lyka asked as she entered the room.

"Oh, hey, you're back." Hestia greeted.

"Yup, just done treating some soldier's wounds." The doctor said and sat on the vacant chair. She noticed the tattered journal and her hands. "Already found something?" She asked.

"No, it's just...my childhood and past." Hestia mumbled.

"That you forgot?" Lyka said softly and that made the younger woman nodded. "You know, you don't have to force yourself to read it. It might shock you." She advised.

"I know...but I want to help Jaypee." She said.

"And I am still wondering why Jaypee didn't pursue you." Lyka commented.

"I told you he didn't like me like what you are thinking." Hestia defended.

"Yeah-yeah and the pigs can fly." The doctor retorted. "He obviously has feelings for you, he is just too stupid to admit it to himself." She added.

"You really know him that much huh." Hestia pointed out.

"Well...he is my ex so..."

"He is your what now!?" Hestia exclaimed and looked up from the tattered journal in her hands.

"My friend?"

"That's not what you said a while ago."

Lyka sighed at napahilot sa sentido nito, for sure Jaypee will punt her to the sun.

"Look it is not that serious okay."

"What do you mean?"

"It's just a dare." Lyka sighed. "I dared him to be my boyfriend so this one guy in this organization will stop stalking me and you know Jaypee, he is violent and I thought when I established that I have a relationship with him, that stalker will stop." She explained.

"Did he stop though?" The younger woman.

"Yeah, actually he did. He is convinced that Jaypee and I had a relationship."

"I don't believe that he is violent." Hestia said.

"Because he refused to show it to you." Lyka answered and smiled. "He is a different person when he's with you, feeling ko nga nasasapian siya or nilalagnat. In short plastic siya."

Hestia lightly laughed at her joke and looked back to the journal, but her mind still thinking about what she told her a while ago.

"He dated you but he didn't pursue Jaylene." Hestia mumbled, suddenly remembering that information.

"Hold on, you know that too?" Lyka asked in shock.

"I...no...actually I just remembered it right now." She mumbled.

"That's a good thing, means that you are slowly remembering the past!" The doctor exclaimed. "Pero wait lang, inamin niya yun sayo?" She added.

"I-I'm sorry I really can't remember." Hestia mumbled.

Lyka looked at her then sighed. "It's fine, just remember, take it slow okay?" She advised.