𝟭𝟬 | 𝟮𝟱𝘁𝗵

𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 <𝟯

Tuesday, February 9th

"Happy birthday!" I pop the confetti cannon all over her bed.

In the almost 3 years we've lived together, we've made it tradition to wake each other up with confetti cannons.

She stirs in her bed and finally sits up. "I'd be mad at you for waking me up if it wasn't my birthday." I jumó on her bed and hug her. "Happy 25th."

She groans. "God I feel old." I laugh. "Come on birthday girl, we have plans."

She throws her sheets off her body, "we're going to Cary's so get dressed." I order her. Cary's is this cute dinner near Rodeo Drive. It's pretty expensive but so worth it.

I'm about to leave her room before she shouts my name, "so.."

What did she do now?

"How bad?"

"It's not terrible, I may or may not have invited my brother to birthday brunch." She says sheepishly.

I open my mouth but she talks, "I know I'm sorry but this is the first time in 3 years I get to spend my actual birthday with him."

She's right.

She always spends her actual birthdays with either me and Jaden or her parents.

I mutter some curse words under my breath, "It's fine. We're leaving in an hour." I made the reservation for noon and it's currently 10:45. It's a good 10-minute drive.

I take a quick shower and shave since I'm planning on wearing a dress today.

I feel like my jeans will melt onto me if I wear them.

I wrap a towel around me and leave my bathroom.

I look for my phone but realize I left it in the kitchen.

I don't need it right now, do I?

It can wait.

I quickly change into the outfit I picked out last night. Makeup or no makeup?

Uh-

Makeup. I apply an almost full face of makeup, and by that I mean I just put on foundation, concealer, mascara, blush, lipgloss, and I penciled in my eyebrows.