𝟮𝟲 | 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀

𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 <3

Sunday, June 4th

"Will you calm down?"

"I can't." I groan. I'm nervous. We're ten minutes away from Romans' parents' house and I'm freaking out.

I mean, I'm pregnant, and Roman and I aren't even a couple officially. 

"They've loved you for almost 5 years, that's not going to change." He reassures me. Last night after our date we picked up Aria from Jaden's and he dropped me off at my apartment.

"How did they react to Rebecca's pregnancy?" I ask.

"Oh, terrible. They lectured her on having a baby out of wedlock and almost disowned her."

My eyes widen and I swear my face went pale.

He chuckles. "I'm kidding. They were happy for her and Jaden."

Oh, the relief. I let out a breath of relief and then slap his arm. "Pendejo! Don't scare me like that."

I turn behind me. "Your daddy's a jerk."

Aria nods her head in agreement. "Trader." He says, rubbing his arm with the other.

Drama queen.

"Just relax. They'll be happy for us." I hope so.

I play with the bottom of my dress the rest of the drive.

Why am I acting like a 16-year-old who's meeting her boyfriend's parents for the first time?

Technically I'm a 22-year-old who's meeting her baby daddy's parents for the millionth time.

We pull into the familiar driveway and he turns off the ignition. I have a habit of playing with my fingers when I'm nervous. I tap my index, middle, ring, and pinky fingers with my thumb and then repeat the process. Roman captures my hand with him and stops me. "It'll be okay."

It'll be okay. It better be.

The three of us walk into the house. "Mom!" Roman shouts. "Kitchen!" We walk to the kitchen where she and Adrian are sitting. She doesn't notice me at first but once she does she lets out a shriek. "Kai! It's been so long." She pulls me in for a motherly hug. "It's nice to see you again Sarah."

Adrian and I always fist bump when we see each other so I fist bump him. "Nice seeing you again Adrian." It still feels weird calling them by their first names but they insist.