ch 1

MR. BAE AND MR. KIM'S RESIDENCE

Happiness is a small word of a few letters. But, it can't be achieved even if we spend billions. Once upon a time, happiness overflowed in this house.

Mr. Siwon Bae is not just the head of the bae family but for society also. He has a brother Jiwon Bae, and Mino Kim is Mr. Bae's cousin. Kim's and Bae's are the most powerful and influential people in whole Asia.

Mr. Siwon Bae had a daughter named Bae Joo-Hyun, also known as Irene. He loves his daughter so much, can do anything for her happiness but couldn't accept her love affair, so she left home for her lover. As ill fate, she died within two years of marriage in an accident. From that day, happiness vanished away from this house. All of them stay together, but there is no happiness.

Everyone has sorrow in their heart. But his brother Jiwon wants to bring back the lost happiness. For that, he is planning to use his daughter Bae Suzy's marriage. Suzy is getting married to her childhood sweetheart Kim Seok- Jin, and actually, both of their parents are family friends.

The next day family members gathered to discuss the upcoming wedding, but Suzy and Jin didn't have time for them due to some office works. So, they look at each other lovingly, forget that they are actually in between their family. Seeing this, Siwon passed some teasing comments, which led them to look away from each other. Their reaction brings a fun atmosphere which leads to family laughs. Siwon also smiles, seeing their expression. He missed this kind of atmosphere in his house and sometimes missed his daughter.

"It has been long since I've seen a smile on your face, brother. The day Irene left home and married, you had stopped smiling," Jiwon said, looking at his brother sadly.

"If the smile has to remain always on his face, we must do one thing," Mino said slowly, looking at Siwon. "What is it?" Jiwon asked eagerly, looking at Mino.

"We must invite Irene's husband and son to marriage who's in foreign. I'm not eligible to advise you. Nowadays, children fall in love. Elders refuse their marriage; children walk out of the house to get married. All these are common, At least now." hearing this from Mino, Siwon stood in anger and started leaving that place, but before he even took a few steps, Mino started to speak.

"Siwon, your daughter is dead; why are you still angry with your son-in-law?" Mino said softly, listening to this Siwon stopped but didn't turn around. He just stood there.

"Mino, you're unrestricted to invite anyone to marriage, but for god's sake, leave our choice of invitees to us," Jiwon said, looking sharply at Mino. " Jiwon, don't talk meaninglessly," said Mino before Mino could continue what he wanted to tell. Siwon started speaking.

" Do you want me to feel sorry by thinking of my dead daughter? Otherwise, do you want me to respect the one who took our daughter away from us? What do you want me to do. When she is dead already, whether they join us or not doesn't alter anything." Siwon said slowly but sharply, glaring at Mino.

"She may be dead! But her son is alive. Don't you feel like seeing our grandson? If not for yourself, at least agree to it for me," said Mrs. Bae, softly looking at her husband.

" yes, father don't you want to know the first grandson of Bae's," says Suzy to Siwon. Siwon didn't answer any of these questions. He looked at Mrs. Bae and said.

"serve food; it's getting late," Siwon said and left.

Sorry for the grammatical errors...